or Connect

Posts by flippysc

I know a school district that chose to provide their students with Chromebooks based on having a built-in keyboard in order for the students to take standardized tests. 
At least you are not on one of those party lines where everyone was hacked. 
ALL appliances are garbage. My sister just got rid of her 4-year-old Bosch dishwasher, because it failed. The last 3 houses I purchased came with GE appliances. I would never buy a GE appliance.  I wish Apple would be more like Samsung and make appliances. We would likely then be able to purchase dishwashers that actually washed dishes; washing machines that are not mold making machines; dryers that really dry clothes wrinkle-free; ovens that have mother boards that do not...
I have a "wonderful" +5-year-old LG refrigerator. Every year they send me $3 and change, because they lied about how much energy it uses.
For the past month my iPhone 5 gets LTE on ATT's network in the middle of nowhere -- which is somewhere halfway between Moline and Peoria.
Count me in as one of the domestic types that bought a computer in April. I have a weakness for craving beautiful things and could not resist purchasing my first iMac in 10 years.  
Kay's analogy of a computer as being similar to a piano in a classroom has a ring of truth. I have been in many classrooms where typically there is a couple of computers sitting in the corner gathering dust and with little to none educational use and purpose.   However, the iPad has changed everything about computing in the classroom -- where each student has their own device and the teacher is trained in how to incorporate the technology into their lessons. In this...
I doubt plastic can have soul, but I know rubber soul is well known.
Unfortunately, I am beginning to believe this. Apple's commercials lately have been weak in message and frequency.   Even worse, Apple's PR has been abysmal. On the front page of today's Chicago Tribune Business section is a picture of an iPad with, "Apple's iPad is expected to be overtaken this year," and the headline, "Study: Android tablet to hit No. 1." (I cannot believe the lack of quality in today's journalism, where an entire article is based on a single study...
Eight years ago I was in the office conference room with six other colleagues. Out of nowhere the president of the company asked for the time -- to no avail. None of us was wearing a watch.   The last time I wore a watch was 17 years ago. I was working at my desk and had a meeting to attend later that morning away from the office. I was periodically checking the time on my watch, and I was extremely productive. I was getting things done in record time, until I...