or Connect

Posts by garyp

Yes, this is what I've been seeing as well. Plug and play cluster computing. A stackable, gangable cube of raw power.
  Why in heck would Apple use an aluminum back with little bits of glass at top & bottom? This design seems very unlikely to me. I think the photo is B.S. No way iPhone 5 will be this ugly.
What is Apple Galaxy? Is that cluster enabling/management software?
I've seen some tasty conjecture online about a modular aluminum cube that's stackable, gangable via thunderbolt, etc. Can't remember where. I'd buy one. The Mac Pro Cube. Just add more cubes for more processing power.
Why would Apple abandon their loyal content creation professionals? I just can't imagine they'd want media pros using another OS. They may be questioning the tower form factor, and I see nothing wrong with this. But Apple is not going to retreat from the field. Why would they? As others have speculated, the days of big, heavy boxes might be over. If Apple could make modular, stackable minis or cubes, then the pros could simply assemble their desired level of power,...
The Finder now defaults to a view called "All My Files," in which finding anything is impossible. What were they thinking? Fortunately it is easy to restore your old favorite default view to Finder. It's in Finder Preferences->General, just like before.
Ha ha! No it isn't.
Agreed. The poster of that comment is merely displaying their ignorance of the issues and terminology.
So a mobile hot spot is built into iPhone 4, requiring only a software update to work. Does anyone know if the same is true of iPhone 3GS? Just curious...
As tonton said above, any computer plugged directly into electrical power without serious surge protection is a disaster waiting to happen. Not just computers, either. Any electronic device. Invest in a good quality Uninterruptible Power Supply/Surge Protector, such as APS or Tripp-Lite, for your electronics.