or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by garyp

I just read through this entire thread, and as far as I can see, one simple question has not been answered: Will I be able to do a full wipe/reinstall using the $29 Snow Leopard upgrade disk only, on my Leopard-native Mac? Or will I be asked to install Leopard & then upgrade it, thereby wasting my time?
Who cares if he voted for Obama? Wouldn't it be wonderful to discuss Future Hardware without getting into politics? I think we are *entitled* to that
My bet is screen resolution will not be that of an Apple Portable, but rather that of an iPhone. Big difference.
The way I see it, it's all data now. The Telcos must be very afraid. I'd love to see Apple drive a stake through their parasitic hearts.
Nice exposition of the possibilities here: http://couchapple.tv/2009/07/24/the-...le-tablet.aspx Hold on to your AAPL!
Thank you, lookoverthere, for an amazing first post. You have put an tremendous amount of thought and work into your multi-touch concept. I hope Apple is working along these lines. I watched all your videos, and each one was worth it. The biggest question that came to me was if multi-touch would work as well on a large screen. I do a lot of work on an Apple 30 inch display, and would love to ditch mouse & keyboard, but it wouldn't work in present vertical orientation....
I think Apple has done a great job with the UI over the years, getting more refined with each version. They have struck a pretty good balance between making the controls stand out without being distracting. Aqua was too bright at first. It was good to say goodbye to pinstripes and brushed aluminum. For a graphics oriented user who spends long hours squinting at the screen, and needs to make subtle distinctions of color, my present complaint is there is still too much...
I have a simple question about Leopard. How long will it be before Apple bumps the retail Leopard DVD installer to version 10.5.2? I'd like to buy a 10.5.2 DVD rather than installing 10.5.1 & updating to 10.5.2? Is there any way of finding out the timetable on this?
I have been waiting for 10.5.2 to buy Leopard. I want to buy the retail Leopard DVD after Apple bumps it to 10.5.2. Does anyone know how long this might be, or how to find out?
I am certainly not going to sell my AAPL. My guess is it will be back at $200 by summer or fall.
New Posts  All Forums: