or Connect

Posts by garyp

I bought my 17" MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz a couple of weeks before the latest bump to 2.4 GHz. Although I got it at a low price, the 3 GB RAM limitation really bothers me, now that it has been removed. Other than that, the bump is pretty minor. Hopefully, 3 GB RAM will be enough for those times when I push Photoshop hard.
That pretty much sums it up
Interesting that Microsoft is calling this a product release. It sure looks a lot more like a demonstration from the research labs. What is different about this video compared to the Jeff Han videos? My money says Apple is already way ahead in this area. Leopard will bring resolution-independence, a critical component in this kind of interface. Since when does Vista have resolution-independence? This looks like another desperate attempt to keep up with Apple.
If anyone actually bothered to look at Apple's own discussion boards before leaping to the defensive, they would see there has been a raging battle this last year about this exact subject. Apple has 3 different suppliers for the screens, and quality varies. My brand new MBP is getting its screen replaced under warranty, because I took it back in less than 2 weeks and complained about the crap screen. The Genius agreed with me. Just because you got a good one does not...
Well, by the time Leopard arrives, we will probably be able to get an Octo Mac for a better price, so I'll just put up with my poor old G5 Dual 2.7 a little longer. It is no slouch, anyway.
I hope you are right. I have been holding off on buying a cell phone because I hate the American model of being tied to a carrier & a plan. Also, you are right in suggesting that the same foot-dragging & resistance to VOIP which makes it hard to break into also creates an opportunity for Apple to introduce a killer solution that bypasses those dinosaurs entirely and grabs all the attention, like the iPod did. For a couple of years now, I have been hoping that Apple will...
What problems? I haven't heard about any problems with the 30" display.
I think so too.
Apple? Doomed? Again? My guess is that Apple creates where the industry is headed. Whether this last-gasp offering from IBM has anything to do with that is another question.
I have been hoping that Apple would do just this. Actually, not just hoping. I have been sure in my gut that Apple will do this I have been holding off buying a cell phone to see what Apple will offer. Problem is, I don't care about an iTunes phone. I already have an iPod, and a music phone seems like nothing but a trinket to me. I want real innovation. I want a VOIP World Phone that "just works." As I said in another post, If Apple could pull this off, they...