or Connect

Posts by garyp

Who wants to merely "get by" when you can wallow in technology? Someone whose entire concept in life is to "get by" is a bore, especially when they are being rude & insulting.
Who needs a desk when you could get an 82 inch monitor? We need to stop thinking like slaves. While I'm at it, I'll scrap the keyboard as well & use voice interface. It would be like talking to a wall of color that obeys your commands.
Samsung about to unveil 82 incher:Article Here The article also notes that Samsung supplies LCD panels to Apple.
Anyone who thinks a 40" display is too big is obviously not an artist. They are also obviously young. Older eyes can not deal with a lot of tiny detail at close range. You have no idea what this is like until it happens to you. I would buy a 60" display if Apple made one, and love it.
I agree that this is very big news. I am surprised more folks don't seem to have the imagination to see just how big it could be. After all, Apple is all about imagination.
If you are referring to what I think you are, it is being discussed here: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=50817
As several have said, we will know more on Monday: IBM, Sony, Toshiba to announce "Supercomputer on a Chip."
So the most we are likely to see for awhile yet is multi-core G5 chips? I certainly wouldn't have any complaints about that.
Well, I guess that settles it. Excuse me for breathing.
This mystery author, in a rather lengthy article, makes a case for the Cell Processor being the key to the advancement of the Powermac. I wonder what some of the more technically astute members of this forum might think about his ideas. Article here.