or Connect

Posts by garyp

Apparently not.
Umm, notice the April 1 release date? Doh! 'Nuff said.
My friend's G3 500mHz Pismo powerbook won't start up. Just replaced the hard drive, upgrading from the original 20GB to a 60 GB Hitachi 7200rpm from Transintl.com; and, at the same time replaced the lower RAM chip with a 512 MB chip from Crucial (both upgrades specifically recommended for the Pismo). Powerbook was working ok before the upgrades, which went very smoothly, no problems, but now, it won't start up. Nothing happens when we press the power button. But...
Hmmm, 3 posts, Junior... I intended no disrespect. It was merely a figure of speech. You are really jumping to conclusions. Reach out & judge someone, eh? Is that your motto?
Why isn't a VOIP world phone the world's coolest idea right now? Could somebody explain this to me in layman's terms? The way I see it, knowing nothing of course, is that this will kill the telcos, because it's the internet - once you're on, you're on! Why should phone calls cost anything?
Thanks for pointing this out. It wasn't immediately obvious. Nevertheless, I hope it's a possibility. I think an Apple-powered VOIP world phone that is as easy to use as an iPod would be smash hit of tsunami proportions.8)
I'm not selling. I'm waiting 'till AAPL dips to 50 & buying more. Apple will become the world's biggest name in digital entertainment. The Apple logo that you see on your boot screen will be seen by billions at the beginning of most movies. Also, Apple will smash the TV networks by delivering superior content. TV is crap, & everyone knows it. Apple will rule communication & entertainment. It will be one of the biggest brands on earth.8)
The point is, TV is crap, & increasingly irrelevant crap. Steve Jobs knows this. You have unwittingly pointed out the great divide: content creation vs. content consumption. Apple is about content creation and people communicating with each other. Who wants to watch TV on their computer?
I need feedback, especially from road warriors in Europe, about the best options for an individual user in Europe. Global ISP or Global Internet Roaming Service? How is Earthlink in Europe? Web interface or access from Email program? Best ISP? I am trying to help a friend who travels a lot with a G4 Powerbook but isn't a techie type. What are the latest/best solutions for the usual problem of getting online anywhere anytime?
Obviously, my mention of Xmas was a joke, but I think the guy has a great imagination. There is a big difference between pretty light-up cases & disappearing interfaces.