or Connect

Posts by garyp

As several have said, we will know more on Monday: IBM, Sony, Toshiba to announce "Supercomputer on a Chip."
So the most we are likely to see for awhile yet is multi-core G5 chips? I certainly wouldn't have any complaints about that.
Well, I guess that settles it. Excuse me for breathing.
This mystery author, in a rather lengthy article, makes a case for the Cell Processor being the key to the advancement of the Powermac. I wonder what some of the more technically astute members of this forum might think about his ideas. Article here.
Apparently not.
Umm, notice the April 1 release date? Doh! 'Nuff said.
My friend's G3 500mHz Pismo powerbook won't start up. Just replaced the hard drive, upgrading from the original 20GB to a 60 GB Hitachi 7200rpm from Transintl.com; and, at the same time replaced the lower RAM chip with a 512 MB chip from Crucial (both upgrades specifically recommended for the Pismo). Powerbook was working ok before the upgrades, which went very smoothly, no problems, but now, it won't start up. Nothing happens when we press the power button. But...
Hmmm, 3 posts, Junior... I intended no disrespect. It was merely a figure of speech. You are really jumping to conclusions. Reach out & judge someone, eh? Is that your motto?
Why isn't a VOIP world phone the world's coolest idea right now? Could somebody explain this to me in layman's terms? The way I see it, knowing nothing of course, is that this will kill the telcos, because it's the internet - once you're on, you're on! Why should phone calls cost anything?
Thanks for pointing this out. It wasn't immediately obvious. Nevertheless, I hope it's a possibility. I think an Apple-powered VOIP world phone that is as easy to use as an iPod would be smash hit of tsunami proportions.8)