or Connect

Posts by admactanium

Yes, Andy from The Office went to college there.
Sorry spam. It wasn't clear from you post and there are still a lot of people out there that don't know about Red. Everyone thought it was a hoax when he teased the RedOne.
Are you saying that Red is a scam? They have already released cameras that are pretty amazing and very cheap for their capabilities. When the Red One was announced people in the industry kept saying it wasn't possible and that it was just a ploy to get attention. The Red One did come out and it's pretty much exactly what they promised. This guy isn't some fly-by-night shyster.
Not at all. That's not why that line is there. It's simply a reflection in the screen. Watch the video of it being opened and you'll see that it's organic. They've positions a large diffuser over it specifically to get that effect.
You're right. I seem to recall that all the Quantel boxes I saw back in the day had glossy screens in semi-dark rooms. Most of the video post production work I've been involved with used glossy screens as well. I opted for a glossy screen on my MacBook Pro, but I guess my 15 years in the business are invalidated by my choice of a glossy screen on my laptop. I wouldn't even think of doing color correction on a laptop anyway. I guess that's why I paid so much money for 2 NEC...
I agree. As someone who's been using Macs since 1991, it's pretty amazing to see. When I was picking up my MacPro at the Apple Store near my house, a teenage kid was in there waiting for something. He muttered under his breath "That's a killer machine." as I wheeled it past him. It struck me how completely different the perception of Apple and Macs are now than they were even 6-8 years ago. At that time I had teenage cousins that would make puking noises whenever Macs came...
I actually did the graphics for Now Playing. It was a pretty interesting process altogether.
I haven't had the super-long backup problems since 2.1. But when i was still dealing with them I read a procedure that helped solve the problem. Evidently the backups would take a very long time when the data from some of the apps was corrupted. The way to fix it is this: In iTunes in your iPhone controls, select Applications set to manual or selected. Turn off all the 3rd party apps and sync the phone. This will remove all the applications from the phone. The ones that...
I have no idea what you meant by that. Am I supposed to be able to get CS4 for free? I have relatives who work at Adobe and even then I don't get it for completely free.I switched to InDesign very early as well. The agency I worked for at the time was one of the largest installations of InDesign over Quark at that time. I was the first Art Director to make the change and I had been a Quark user for 10 years. I'm quite fond of InDesign.. And like I said before, I can easily...
That's quite an assumption you make. I'm a Graphic Designer and Art Director with a valid license for Creative Suite, CS2 and CS3 and I've been in the industry for 15 years. I'm very seriously considering skipping this whole revision. The new features are interesting but I'm not sure they're $600-interesting, even when my obvious tax write-off. It's not a matter of finding $600 expensive - That's less than a day's fee for me. But it's a matter of seeing whether or not...