or Connect

Posts by admactanium

well, if it's a fake, then someone spent about $50k doing it. i oversee a lot of postproduction work as part of my job and after i've read all the "proofs of fakes" and watched the video again, i'd say that it's real. but then again, i thought the photo of the cube was real too despite everyone saying "the shadow on the apple's going the wrong way" (oh wait, it was). the reflection of the hand in the window where he's writing and the rotoscoping that it would take to put...
hmm. i would find that quite curious. if memory serves me right (no, i'm not doing a chairman kaga impersonation) avid was bought or somehow merged with softimage, which has heavy investment from microsoft. plus, it seems now, from all the professional editors i talk to about this, that apple may have already won the game over video editing. of course, these are all editors that are still using media composer, but whenever i ask about final cut, most of them say it's...
hmm. i would find that quite curious. if memory serves me right (no, i'm not doing a chairman kaga impersonation) avid was bought or somehow merged with softimage, which has heavy investment from microsoft. plus, it seems now, from all the professional editors i talk to about this, that apple may have already won the game over video editing. of course, these are all editors that are still using media composer, but whenever i ask about final cut, most of them say it's...
[quote]Originally posted by BuonRotto: I just have seen him talk endlessly about that campaign. Perhaps he is the Principal-in-Charge so to speak? I don't mean he designed it himself or anything.
haha. no offense taken. lee clow is a genius and one of the most influential people in our business over the past two decades. he's the worldwide creative director of tbwa/chiat/day and was certainly at the center of the whole "think...
[quote]Originally posted by Matsu: smells like shit. but if it's true, 14.1 is a big freaking mistake, and not worth the trouble. Come to think of it, it may be true.
not necessarily true. 14.1 at the ibook lcd's resolution is pretty decent. it's about screen real estate more than actual screen size.
[quote]Originally posted by BuonRotto: 1. Isn't a dodecahedron a 3D figure with 20 sides? 18 sides would be less than beyond.
from dictionary.com: do·dec·a·he·dron: A polyhedron with 12 faces. [quote]3. "Think Simple" was the original VW Beetle slogan that inspired Lee Clow's "Think Different" campaign.
what makes you so sure it's lee clow's campaign? as it turns out, think different was written by one of my...
i figured out what the "beyond the rumor sites" is referring to! apple is going beyond mosr's prediction of a dodecahedron powermac and making a g5 with an 18-sided casing!
listen, i have a friend who used to work on apple's ad account (no he doesn't work there anymore ) and NOTHING gets through without approval from upper-management. so these teasers aren't just being written by some guy in marketing and slapped up on apple's homepage. it's being approved by the guy on top. hi steve.
listen, i have a friend who used to work on apple's ad account (no he doesn't work there anymore ) and NOTHING gets through without approval from upper-management. so these teasers aren't just being written by some guy in marketing and slapped up on apple's homepage. it's being approved by the guy on top. hi steve.
[quote]Originally posted by Escher: One more thing: How do you read an OLED display in the dark?
well, if i remember the acronym properly, oled stands for organic light emitting diode. so it lights up, it doesn't require BACKlighting though. as it emits it's own light.