or Connect

Posts by SockRolid

"We are lucky that Steve Jobs has such a bad temper and doesn't care about China..." - Liu Chuanzhi, Lenovo CEO, July 2010   Apple is lucky that Tim Cook has such an even temper and cares a lot about China.   Source: http://appleinsider.com/articles/10/07/07/lenovo_says_apple_is_missing_out_in_china_curtains_off_shanghai_store.html
Meh.  I'll just keep on setting new high scores on my old Angry Birds games. I think I have the Star Wars one.
 Think of it this way.  Now, nobody will buy any of that Fire e-waste unless it's on sale.So Amazon will only sell any of their forked-Android junk on Black Friday and Prime Sucker Day.(And a week before the nephew's birthday if uncle is a techno-moron.)
Darn. I've used my recovery key so often that I had recently memorized it. Oh well.
 Agree.  But I'd gladly pay (a little) more than I'm currently paying DirecTV for a better *experience.*The screen-of-apps interface can be much easier to navigate than typing 2-, 3-, and 4-digit channel numbers.A screen of apps is 2-dimensional.  Punching number buttons on a remote is 1-dimensional - a string of digits.And it took 2 minutes to find the Womens' World Cup post-game recap because I had no idea what its number was. But the Apple TV interface is exactly what...
 Digital Crown FTW!/s
 I went to the Tesla showroom on Santana Row last Friday.  Zero sales pressure, helpful people.(And no, I'm not in the market for a Tesla anyway.  It was just near the restaurant I went to.) As I said before, Apple spends a lot of time and energy and money and blood and sweat and tears on delivering a good experience to their customers.  Maybe the "average Joe" would appreciate a refuge from the usual, terrible, Best Buy / Wal-Mart experience.  I certainly would.
 I've never noticed any throttling, but I certainly do notice 1-bar 4G data rates.And once in a while I see the dreaded "E".Apparently I live in a Verizon town. Now that iPhones have multi-band cell hardware, wouldn't it be possible for the phone to use the strongest carrier in its current vicinity?  I'd gladly pay Apple 10% more than I'm paying AT&T if my iPhone were able to switch to the strongest carrier wherever I am.  Or even use multiple carriers simultaneously for...
 A big part of Apple's appeal is the "experience."  Apple retail stores don't deliver the same quality experience that Apple products do.  Noisy, crowded, with hard edges, hard floor, and few places to sit.  The kids' area does have those cool spherical Baleri Italia ottomans, but kids apparently pee on them occasionally.  (Search for the techcrunch story on kids peeing on Apple Store seats.) Apple sells tons of gear at their brick-and-mortar stores, but they probably sell...
 AFAICR Browett only had time to cut labor costs (read: "fire people and work the survivors like rented mules.")  He never got around to installing pegboard displays and $3 shovelware bins.