or Connect

Posts by SockRolid

Absolutely.  Medium-priced tickets like ball game tickets won't be the main usage case.It'll be mass transit tickets (looking at you, BART) and movie tickets etc. I think NFC was in use much earlier than the mid '00s.  I remember hearing that peoplebought things and gained access to secure areas using NFC-equipped cardsin Japan back in the early '90s.  But yeah, keitai denwa came later.(Remember when miniaturization was "big"?)
Perfect. I'll be going to more SF Giants games next season. Only went to two this year. Now, if only we could get into AT&T Park using Apple Pay instead of bringing up Passbook for the employees to scan...
So, 128-bit iOS devices next fall? /s
Just had lunch at the Panera Bread in Sunnyvale. Used Apple Pay for the first time, and yes, "It just worked." (That was me with the SF Giants cap and shirt.)   BTW the pasta was way beyond al dente, and drastically over-salted. If I go there again, I'll get some kind of sandwich.
 Don't do it!   Find a Panera Bread and go there instead.  Drive out of state if you have to!
I snapped up a Bose SoundLink III at my local Apple Store last weekend, just in case. I also noticed that all GoPro products are gone from both the online and brick-and-mortar Apple Stores. I thought it might be that Apple wanted to get rid of old stock before the Hero 4 was launched, but nope. No Hero 4's anywhere on the Apple site or in stores.
 Ohhhh the paiiiiiiinnnnn!!!!! These horrible first world problems are almost unbearable!!!!! [Update: and now I can't find my XANAX!!!!!]
My first thought during today's event: "Touch ID on iPad is a marginal feature. More people bring their iPhones with them when they're shopping, so Apple Pay is really an iPhone 6 / 6 Plus thing. Oh well. More iPad users will have better security, which is fine." My second though was "Oh wait. Apple Pay will make online shopping vastly easier and vastly more secure than it ever was. Online shopping via iPad will jump massively after October 20th (as well as from...
A multi-carrier SIM is the first step toward carrier-agnostic devices. I'd gladly pay Apple slightly more than I'm paying AT&T if my iPhone could switch carriers. Wherever I am, I'd like to switch to the carrier with the strongest signal and/or fastest data. Every month I'd pay Apple instead of any one carrier. Carriers would get pro-rated payment. That's worth a little more IMHO. (Yeah. I know, I know. It might never happen.)
 I'd love to see a big-screen Apple branded TV set.  But I doubt we'll see one.  Ever.Would love to, but hey, I'd also love to inherit $100 million. In the meantime, maybe "long time" means "The Mac mini hasn't been updated in a long time."Way overdue for a Mac mini refresh.  Can't wait!/s