or Connect

Posts by SockRolid

Wow.  I forgot about the iPad lines and their synthetic sapphire camera lenses and (future) Touch ID sensors.And who knows?  Maybe there will be 4.7" and 5.5" iPod touch models with synthetic sapphire camera lenses and Touch ID sensors too.  Could breathe new life into iPod touch sales.
 There are quite a few millionaires in China.  As in millions of US dollars, and I'm sure they'd rather be seen with Apple products.  And although quite a few of them are fleeing China, I'd bet that enough will remain to keep Apple quite happy and profitable in China.  Then, gradually, as the iPhone 6 and 6+ become 1-year old and 2-year old phones, their price will drop a little and be more accessible to the rapidly growing Chinese middle class. Just search for "chinese...
 In a year, there could be many international banks rolling out support for Apple Pay.  And it will be pretty tough for anybody else to 1. develop a Secure Element competitor, 2. develop (or buy) technology as good as Touch ID, 3. combine all of that software and hardware technology into a mobile device, then 4. convince merchants (brick and mortar and online) and banks to use their frankensteined Apple Pay clone.
 Caption 1: "Oh come on.  Do I LOOK like I have an agenda?  I'm on a stool, dawg." Caption 2: "My First Ladder"
 Samsung's mobile sales (especially phablet sales) will drop suddenly and permanently starting this quarter.Will be fun to look back on what happened.  In about a year or so.We'll see what kind of ads Samsung can afford to run in fall 2015.
 But FaceTime *could* work on the next Galaxy Note (or whenever Google can push out updates to old Android phones.)  Thanks to the VirnetX case being thrown out.  You know, the lawsuit against Apple that claimed infringement over (VPN) connectivity as used in FaceTime. Here's the AI story about that lawsuit:http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/09/16/appellate-court-rejects-368-million-virnetx-patent-victory-over-apple Knock yourselves out, Google and Samsung (and any...
Apple: "We are not in the business of collecting your data." - Eddie Cue, 9/9/2014 Google: [nervous fidgeting, crickets chirping ...]
 Who knows?Everyone remembers the "Get a Mac" ad series.  It was that good.But yeah, probably no need to mention the wannabes.  Ignore my earlier post.
Justin Long: "Hi. I'm an iPhone." John Hodgman: "Hi. I'm an iPhone clone...."
I'm going to name my new mid-sized car "Quicktime."