or Connect

Posts by SockRolid

Looked for "Europe" on Maps.  It showed me Schudutz, Austria.  Seriously.BTW I live in California and the map was initially centered on my office. (Oh, and the nearest "940 Madison Avenue" to my current location is in Redwood City, CA, USA.)
Reminds me of a quote.  Let me think... Oh yeah, here it is:  That was Tim Cook replying to a NCPRR representative at a shareholders' meeting.(The NCPRR climate-change-denying douchebag complained about Apple spending money on accessibility for blind users.)
 Hey, Gene, maybe it's time to become the poster boy for ongoing Car rumors.Because it's important to have hobbies.
Good move.And maybe it's time to ice Gene Munster too.
 Exactly.Thanks for restating my point.  In too many words.
Lazy programming is lazy programming no matter how much RAM is available.Sure, ARC (Automatic Reference Counting) makes memory management far easier post-iOS 4.x.But efficient coding is always better.  Resource pigs run slow.  Resource hogs get slaughtered.
Everyone with a modest-to-deep understanding of iOS already realizes just how important it is to optimize the use of RAM on this platform.  To do anything other than good engineering, on any platform mobile or otherwise, is lazy and smacks of total ignorance. But yeah, thank you for your carefully considered insight, oh Grand Defender of Spec Monkeydom.
Really?  Important if you are attempting to do anything remotely like good engineering.  I'm telling you that RAM is a vital, precious resource on any mobile device for apps and for the OS and that there are many factors involved in designing the OS and apps to best use that RAM.  BTW, people have no clue about the lengths that good developers go to in order to provide world-class experiences.  Are those world-class experiences running on something else than iOS? Nope.
 I have two points: 1. Eisenhower is dead.2. The oil, tire, and automotive companies are alive and kicking and will fight to maintain the non-electric status quo.
 Not as boring as 2GB of RAM.Only spec-monkeys give a poop about that.