or Connect

Posts by SockRolid

Makes me think of "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV" in commercials.I guess nobody does that any more.
 BASIC has a "Let" statement IIRC.
 Especially the Apple content streaming business.But why would a Sony exec pre-announce Apple Music?  Well let's look at it this way: What does Sony gain by pre-announcing Apple Music?  - A half-day of Apple rumor site publicity.  And a bit of industry insider cred. What does sony lose by pre-announcing Apple Music?  - Nothing.  Apple won't retaliate by giving their iPhone camera business to another supplier. So there's a tiny net-postive for Sony.  Good luck in the 21st...
 "Winning."
 Dick move by AltConf.
"Bond.  Yen Bond."
 It's OK to have hundreds of apps on your iPhone on multiple home screens.It would be terrible to have hundreds of apps on your TV on multiple home screens.Unless there were a convenient way to launch exactly the one you want, say, ESPN.E.g. "Hey Siri, show me ESPN." Even better, maybe Siri could obviate the "app-as-content-silo" model."Hey Siri, show me all movies and episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation featuring Ashley Judd." That's my version of "SockRolid...
I just wish Podcasts had a Watch Extension. Pretty sure Music doesn't have a podcasts playlist. And even if it does, it wouldn't be as convenient.
 Especially if HomeKit works just fine on the $69 TV model.I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the old 3rd gen model around indefinitely for 1080 HD.And also ship a next-gen TV Plus with Siri, gesture recognition, and 4K output.For, oh, I dunno, $199.  Two very different models at very different prices.
 We'll (probably) know on Monday whether there will be an TV App Store or not.If iOS 9 has some kind of public TVKit API, then the sooner Apple releases it, the better. On the other hand, Apple might just keep TV "apps" the way they are right now.Not typical iOS apps at all.  Bundled into the TV app (which itself runs as an app on iOS.)I'd prefer that Apple only allow a few premiere networks / studios / game developers on TV.No Flappy Bird.  Please.