or Connect

Posts by SockRolid

I've always despised Skype. Everything about it is cheesy, from the terrible sound effects to the perfunctory UI "design." But I use it because I have to for work. Come to think of it, that's Microsoft's key to success. You use their products because you're forced to.
Hey Carl. Blow up your pants.
Solid synthetic sapphire? Or would that be too heavy? /s
Really? People think that Apple is messing with GTAT just to lower their valuation and buy them out cheaply? Kinda makes sense. Like how Microsoft messed with Nokia by installing Elop, who lowered their valuation and allowed Microsoft to spend less on the acqusition. Of course, that acquisition hasn't worked out nearly as well as Apple acquiring GTAT would work out.
 Yeah, I'm afraid the gold models could hit $5K with a fancy band.And at that price, it would be great if Apple offered some kind of trade-in deal for biennial "upgrades." Not that I'm in the market for any of the Edition models.I have two very fancy Swiss watches (brand "R"), one gold/stainless and another stainless.But hey, the Apple Watch will be tax deductible.
Apple Watch Sport: $349. Apple Watch: $549 (my optimistically low guess.) Apple Watch Edition: $1999 (my optimistically low guess.) And those prices don't include fancy bands.   So, no, most Apple Watch models aren't targeted at the teen demographic. Raw 24K gold is about $1200 per ounce. Apple Watch Edition is either 18K yellow gold or 18K rose gold. My $1999 guess is probably waaaay low.
 Wow.  Just wait 'till Bob sees Car Play with all those little icons.Major panic attack coming.
Looks like the "S" in the 2015 iPhone "6S" will stand for "Sapphire." If GT Advanced can hold out that long. Maybe Apple Watch sapphire crystals will keep them on life support.
Interesting. Anybody know if Apple knocked down the "temporary" building in which they hosted the iPhone 6 / Apple Watch demos? If not, then maybe they'll be putting simulated living rooms in it for the iPad "Air 2" demo (and possible Home Kit demo) this month.
 I'm sure they can find some other smash-hit products to copy badly.But yeah, good riddance.