or Connect

Posts by SockRolid

And it might allow for a cool subsurface glowing effect if sidelit.Maybe for the rounded square on the home button.  Or, better yet, for the Apple logo on the back of the enclosure.Just a thought.
Not sure how useful localized haptic feedback would be. You'll only touch the screen in one, two, or three spots at most anyway. How would you know that the rest of the screen *isn't* vibrating? Or maybe the vibration feels like a "point." Kind of like the dots on the F and J keys on most keyboards. Now *that* would be useful. It would make typing feel a little more organic, it would make tap targets more tactile, and it would make the iPhone (and iPad presumably)...
 But not ARM-based 14-nm chips, right?It's never too late.  Maybe Intel will be grinding out A9 chips for the MacBook Air next year.
Glad to hear that CarPlay, in some form or other, will be available on whatever my next car will be (actually, whatever my next BMW will be.) Not so happy to see that its GUI will be a screen full of icons. Familiar and intuitive? Yes. Handsfree? No. I thought Apple was hyping their Siri Hands Free system pretty hard about a year ago. And I hope the CarPlay GUI hasn't completely replaced that. I'd rather say "Hey Siri..." than look down at the dash to hunt-and-peck...
 Sure, it's easy to mimic iPhone and iPad hardware.  Even Samsung made a pretty good attempt at it.But it's nearly impossible to copy a rich, deep, robust ecosystem.  Not quickly, anyway.  It took years for the iTunes ecosystem to evolve.Meanwhile, competitors all focused on mimicking Apple hardware (Mac and iPod at first.)  Hoping they could fool consumers.They'll never catch up now.  Especially not the fragmentation-stricken competitors.
I remember my 6th birthday. Oh. Wait, no, I don't.
 Yup.  And if iTunes Extras were HD I would have completely stopped buying DVD and Blu-Ray.  What I've done is buy discs when I wanted to see featurettes, hear director commentary, and get all the typical extra features.   And I'd buy on iTunes when I didn't care about all that, or if the director doesn't do commentaries, or if the movie is old enough that the extras are just interviews and newsreel footage (e.g. 'Vertigo.')  I think I have only about a dozen Blu-Ray...
 LOL.  I seem to recall that the predecessor to Windows 7 was called "Windows Vista."  Not Windows 6.So that even / odd theory is too new for any "IT department, advisor, consultant, or in-house semi-geek" to trust yet. Oh, sure, the internal designation for Windows Vista was Windows 6.0.  Yeah, knew that.  Even number.But the internal designation for Windows 7 was "Windows 6.1."  Kinda like a bug-fix release would be designated.Here it is from the horse's...
 Still, Apple makes 35% to 45% of all profits in the PC industry, depending on who you read.Not bad for a single company with only 5 PC lines.(Mac mini, iMac, Mac Pro, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, in case anyone needed a refresher.) Sources:http://www.pcworld.com/article/192273/article.htmlhttp://fortune.com/2013/04/16/pie-chart-of-the-day-apples-oversize-share-of-pc-profits/http://www.infoworld.com/t/macbooks/pcs-decline-its-apple-thats-making-real-money-pcs-216573
"...a sizable number of PCs are still running Windows XP and the impetus to upgrade them continued to boost shipments..." And Windows 8 will be "good enough" for businesses for then next 14 or 15 years. Despite Microsoft releasing Windows 9, Windows 10, ad nauseam.