or Connect

Posts by SockRolid

"Welcome to 2007." - John Gruber, daringfireball.net, 3/1/2015
Better a nasty gal than a skanky ho, I always say.
 Maybe they should change their acronym to IDK.  For "I Don't Know."
Steve Ballmer would never have allowed this to happen if he were still alive.
 My point exactly.  Gen 1 Watch case stays the same forever, electronics are upgraded over time for a fee.Apple might release new models alongside the first one over time.  E.g. MacBook Pro, MacBook Air. It could be something like this: upgrade the battery for $99, upgrade battery + electronics for $199 (or more).On the other hand, maybe Apple will require upgrading the electronics along with the battery.No decision for techno-moron end-users to make, and it would keep...
 Rolex hasn't changed the thickness of their Submariner or Oyster Datejust or Day-Date.  Ever.They don't feel the need to compete against, say, Patek Philippe in "thin." So why should Apple make their first Watch series thinner over time?Better to release all-new thin models later in addition to the thick ones.Think Watch Air.
 The thinner the internals, the easier it will be to fit them into an old large Watch case. One word: "spacers."
 Probably so people will have something to do while they're riding in the self-driving Car. Or would that be the Car Pro X?
I'm ready.  For $349 plus tax.
 I'd be extremely surprised if there wasn't an upgrade plan.  I'm hoping you will be able to bring your 2-year-old Watch to an Apple Store so they can replace the old worn-out battery and outdated S1 electronics.   $199 for the base Sport model, $249 for the steel model (because they'll polish the case) and $299 for the Edition (because polishing gold requires more time and because you're rich.) You'd keep the same old band and enclosure, including the screen.Just the...