or Connect

Posts by SockRolid

My first thought during today's event: "Touch ID on iPad is a marginal feature. More people bring their iPhones with them when they're shopping, so Apple Pay is really an iPhone 6 / 6 Plus thing. Oh well. More iPad users will have better security, which is fine." My second though was "Oh wait. Apple Pay will make online shopping vastly easier and vastly more secure than it ever was. Online shopping via iPad will jump massively after October 20th (as well as from...
A multi-carrier SIM is the first step toward carrier-agnostic devices. I'd gladly pay Apple slightly more than I'm paying AT&T if my iPhone could switch carriers. Wherever I am, I'd like to switch to the carrier with the strongest signal and/or fastest data. Every month I'd pay Apple instead of any one carrier. Carriers would get pro-rated payment. That's worth a little more IMHO. (Yeah. I know, I know. It might never happen.)
 I'd love to see a big-screen Apple branded TV set.  But I doubt we'll see one.  Ever.Would love to, but hey, I'd also love to inherit $100 million. In the meantime, maybe "long time" means "The Mac mini hasn't been updated in a long time."Way overdue for a Mac mini refresh.  Can't wait!/s
 Well, if it's a 50-70 inch screen, it will probably not be an Apple-branded television set.It would probably be a super-giant Apple Cinema Display.  And even that is unlikely IMHO.Very little demand for 50-70 inch computer monitors.And the television space is already a full-speed race-to-the-bottom market.Which is exactly the kind of market Apple avoids completely. If Apple does announce something in the TV space tomorrow, it'll probably be a new Apple TV box.Smaller,...
 The last "real" Macworld was waaaaaaay back in 2009.That was the final Macworld with an Apple booth.
Surprise!!!! /s
 Yet Apple did it in English.  Not Finnish./s
How do you say "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" in Finnish?
 Not only that, but IIRC the token is only good for that one transaction.So even if someone were able to intercept all data sent back and forth during the transaction,including the token, none of it would do them any good.
 I speak of anyone who is forced to use Microsoft software, Windows or otherwise.If you use Microsoft software out of your own free will, then you're getting what you deserve. "Windows 7 is like poison to me, seriously... what's so great about Windows, come on, tell me one thing it does better than Mac OS X."- Joshua Topolsky, 2011 "Life is too short to use anything but a Mac."Windows is just not a human environment."- Roger Ebert, 2001