or Connect

Posts by SockRolid

"There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept."​- The Architect, "The Matrix Reloaded"
 Aha.  There's your problem, Ben.
Q: What's Apple's "next big thing"? A: China.
 The "knowledgeable worker" is becoming more and more important at BMW dealers.  The company has filled every niche and niches between those niches with all manner of cars and trucks.  There's the 1 Series, 2 Series (this Spring), 3 Series, 3 Series GT, 4 Series, 4 Series Gran Coupe, 5 Series, 6 Series, 6 Series Gran Coupe, 7 Series, X3, X5, and X6.  Not to mention the various "real M" and "M performance" variants of many of the Series cars and trucks.  All of which can be...
I'd guess that Musk wanted to get Apple to help them redesign their dashboard displays. The physical display quality as well as the user interface and graphics. I've seen quite a few Tesla Model S's at night on CA 101 and the displays aren't exactly pretty. A $105k car should have really, really good displays and user interactions.
 Bro.  You snooze, you lose.
(Off-topic, but has anyone seen China iPod touch sales figures?  Would a 5.6" big-screen iPod touch sell there? I have a feeling that it wouldn't, but haven't seen any numbers.)
"iPad nano"?   "The new iPod touch"?  (Actually, this just might be it.)   "iTween"?   "The last successful portable gaming console history will ever see"?
 Interesting.  Even more interesting: change the years and (roughly) substitute "ARM" for "Intel."You get this (which for various reasons is likely impossible, but whatever): 2015: Apple buys ARM; all chips designed and manufactured in-house.  All deals with other companies terminated. 2017: Custom ARM chips put Macs on the forefront of integrated computing.
 I wonder if flexible AMOLED could allow Apple to have an edge-to-edge display in the "iPhone 6."Not knowledgeable about AMOLED or LCD technology at all, but it seems that all displays require a bezel.Possibly for the wiring connections required to address all those pixels.   Hence the bezel on all iPhones. But if AMOLED is flexible, is it be possible to bend the long-edge connector/bezel downward at 90 degrees?Right at the pixel / edge connector line?  That might make it...