or Connect

Posts by SockRolid

Agree.  Never tried either Uber or Lyft, and can't remember the last time I took a taxi locally.  (Mid-90s maybe?) Can't wait until the day when I can buy a car with CarPlay built-in.  Some time next year, I hope.Already have the make and model picked out, along with color and options.  Hopefully with European delivery.
Apparently Uber and Lyft are in a deathmatch for control of the post-taxi driving service. At least in SF, anyway. And they're also apparently crushing traditional taxi service. 10 Ads That Show What A Circus The War Between Uber And Lyft Has Become http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/10-Childish-Ads-That-Show-The-Dramatic-War-5686268.php Fine. I'll keep my cars, thank you very much. (And maybe I'll call Zipcar for the occasional too-late-to-ride-BART scenario.)
I remember when HP was considered one of the very best places to work in Silicon Valley.  Their managers practiced "management by walking around," they had great benefits, they had one of the first campus-like headquarters, and all that.   But no, I never heard of any super-good HP products.  Aside from their RPN calculators and scientific / medical equipment.  Their software just never made much of an impression, and apparently that's still true.
 If Apple does go with the "new iPhone" naming instead of "iPhone 6" etc., then they'll only say "new iPhone" in marketing materials.  Just like with "the new iPad" circa 2012.  When referring to them internally, they may just go with the naming scheme for Macs.  As in "Retina, 15-inch, Late-2013."  The year would be the actual release year, not the "model year" like automobile makers do.
 Maybe.  It would get rid of that awkward "S" name suffix for the "tock" years.And it would avoid any possibility of a terrible name like "iPhone 5CS". But without model numbers, I think it will be necessary to refer to iPhone models by year.As in "the small 2014 iPhone" and "the big 2014 iPhone".  (Or "the 2014 iPhone Air" etc.)
Have one on order. Won't ship until the very end of November IIRC. (I wonder if it will charge an iPhone "6" fully...)
 Get used to it.  Apple is pretty good at bollocking "the industry."
 Or the backside inlays could be textured / colored glass.  As is the Magic Trackpad and as are all MacBook Pro trackpads.  I don't care either way.  No, the lens ring isn't pretty.  But no, it just isn't that important.And anybody who makes a big deal out of it just might be trolling.  Just maybe.
"The Biggest Little Data Center In The World." (tm)
 Oh well.  Something to look forward to in next year's iPhone 6S maybe.