or Connect

Posts by Fake_William_Shatner

Thanks for the perspective. I'm guessing these are super high pressure kilns. People learn that we have a "sapphire screen" and don't seem to remember that only about ten years ago an these artificial gems being massed produced seemed like a pipe dream. I figure however, that there is going to one day be a laser/gas (with interferometry) process that allows creation of a high pressure crystal on a surface, one molecular layer at a time.
 If you have a CEO trash talking -- you give him all the rope you can feed him.
 10 Million iPhone 6 and 6+ sold already. Likely other iPhone 5s will be supported. Assume $100 average purchase per month with 50% conversion at 2% transaction fee and we get $10 million per month in revenue. $120 Million per year. Sure, it will take a year for anything significant to happen. Year after that, maybe $100 million revenue per month -- then people start to notice. By year 3, Microsoft will tout the "Windows RE3 Pro Sales Bank Exchange Pro" OS with "Purchase...
 I agree with your points.I'd like to add; a recent study showed that TOR users are the BIGGEST CUSTOMERS of purchasing movies and music -- and that's probably skewed because there are likely a lot of TOR users who just don't have money. They wouldn't buy ANYTHING. So they've got big purchasers that are potential targets of their harassment. The people not stealing are much less likely to buy -- so it means their entire business model and view of the world is bankrupt.
 The hard-sell here is that Labels figure they get those 25 million via one group or another. So slacker if not Apple. But that's not how it works. There are a lot of people who would stream but do not due to not feeling like $8 a month is a value. -- at least according to Apple. My wife streams music with a service, but I find it hard to justify paying the same amount as we would for Netflix.
  I'm expecting to see in about 6 months a lot of revenue from Apple's Pay system. I don't think the analysts quite appreciate how this is going to change the game. My mother stuffs her ID and credit cards into the case with her phone. The smart phone is an integral part of a person's day. Couple payments with more use of QC scanning and you could see a dramatic shift in how purchases are made. For more than 30 years I figured we'd have some wearable device that is part of...
 No "absolutely false" -- just not completely true. But MOSTLY true. Apple's newer OS does take advantage of multi CPUs even if the software doesn't. MOST applications that need multi-core tend to be optimized for them. Exceptions seem to be Adobe products which "kind of" takes advantage but not as well on the Mac. You don't need super fast on most single-CPU apps. And most games are going to be effected by the Graphics card. And Adobe needs to be forced kicking and...
 And have option for a discrete graphics card. You should be able to get a decent graphics card, 8 Gigs of RAM and start using a Mac for $450 or less. There's no point to this Mac mini as configured for me. Sure it might be entry level -- but I'd also like to make Kiosks with these. 8 Gigs doesn't cost them that much and it's what a base system should come with today. For the iMac Neutered -- they should be asking about $300. I'm sure it's cheaper for them to build than an...
 So true, if we lose a few "connect with Facebook and let us datamine you" apps -- so much the better. Apple has done so much to put Facebook into the OS and allow advertisers access -- I think their best new upgrade will be to allow users to kick them all back out.
It will likely have a built in advertisement banner and auto update "feature." It would be nice if they built it with "Instant Messenger" but I hope the client can sit around and not suck up resources and the UI be improved. I'm hoping Microsoft doesn't stick their foot in it like they did with the xBox One. Maybe they've learned they have to compete in a market rather than dictate -- but old habits die hard. I also hope that calling phones won't be so dang expensive in...