or Connect

Posts by Firefly7475

Would it have killed them to at least test it a little in IE11? I know it's "Apple" dot com, but maybe some of us would like to actually browse the new Apple products from a PC.
  Like Facebook Messenger.   Works like a charm.
  You can install both Office 2013 and Visual Studio 2012 to a different drive if you like, but like I said I doubt it would be an issue with 90GB available on the 128GB model.   The reason I said discussion about "common users" is completely irrelevant and pointless is because the conversation goes around and around based on nothing more than anecdotal evidence and conjecture.   I get you aunt would be fine with an iPad. I have a similar story, my (almost 70 year old)...
  Unless you or I wake up tomorrow and forget how to turn a computer on then any conversation about "common users" is completely irrelevant and pointless.   When I said "ditch" the recovery partition I meant off the main drive. It can be copied onto a USB drive in a few minutes.   Even then it's just a convenience thing as you could just grab any Windows install and Windows Update will grab the driver you need off the web.   I can't remember the last installer I used that...
  1080p is fine for the screen size. The DPI setting works well for most desktop apps... certainly the stuff I care about. Metro apps are fully scalable.   There's no issue running desktop apps from micro SDXC... not that you'd need to though, after ditching the recovery partition there's 91GB free on the 128GB model, an that's with full Office 2013 already installed.   Add a 64GB SDXC and configure you libraries to use it behind the scenes and you've got 150GB...
The Core i5 ULV chip is in a distinctly different class to your average netbook.     I have. It works fine... in the same way that an 11.6" Ultrabook or MBA is fine. Actually a 13.3" Ultrabook or MBA isn't appreciably better either.   I wouldn't use any of these devices as my primary PC, which is why I reserve that task for a desktop and 27" monitor.   Of course you could plug a Surface Pro into a 27" monitor if you were so inclined, but the available power is still...
  It's not hard to imagine if you assume every touch-enabled device which allows you to remove the keyboard can be classified as a "tablet".
Apple should have mentioned this as a feature when they launched the iPhone 5. Something like "iOS 6 Maps - ensuring you stay lost, even without cell reception!"
  SkyDrive (existing users) = 25GB for $0/year  SkyDrive (new users) = 27GB for $10/year iCloud = 25GB for $40/year   Just sayin'