or Connect

Posts by Hunabku

Chrome and Pixel are fore bearers of next battlefield, CLOUD SERVICES, a crucial area where Apple currently trails. As it stands however the Pixel only serves to sell more rMacBooks by further validating the real hi-res/hi-end solution for laptops -> rMacBooks
  Open your eyes.  Did you see their launch event?  Samsung is doing everything possible to create a complete ecosystem of products, software and services.  They obviously are taking a page out of Apple's playbook.  They also have created tons of their own services and software that either supplement or mask google's offerings.   Developers only have to resubmit their app to samsung's store and their good to go.  The real point of inflection is when they submit separate...
The other obvious thing to keep in mind is that the tablet market in general is exploding.   That is why Apple, for the most part, can not build tablets fast enough even though their percentage of market share is declining.   For a final factor, apple really performs well over the long haul - with the greater dollar buy in from more loyal customers.  Every customer Apple adds are more likely to stay on than those from the lower dollar andriodian unwashed masses....
If you were in Apple's position would you continue targeting users with more disposable income to buy higher end devices, apps and other investments in your ecosystem - OR - would you target the unwashed masses who don't really have the cash to powerfully support your developers or your services?   Lets face it folks Apple has the best strategy - build strong bonds with the top economic section of the populace who you can leverage with their buy in for ongoing...
The problem with your argument starts with the fact that by every other important metric (revenue, developer support, stickiness, internet usage) andriod is far behind iOS.  Apple is also taking control of their processor destiny and if the current trend tells us anything they'll continue to widen the gap between the competition.  Also Andriodians are betting on Apple standing still with innovation in ios and services.  Sorry to burst your bubble - Apple will innovate...
Well it might increase the crime rate because more people will be referring to the subway schedule on their phone - which would otherwise be in their pocket and not in front of the eyes of would be criminals.
  Probably is connected to the fact that lots of people are commenting on this article.    Apple Insider is just taking the bait like every other outlet. I find it most helpful to know who is really behind this and why they are manipulating public perception the way they are?  I wonder about Charles Wolf's underlying interests as an analyst of Needham & Company - an independent investment bank and asset management firm specializing in advisory services and financings...
Your post is spot on for the most part except . . .   Some people truly want andriod devices because they have feature advantages over the iphone - i.e. bigger screen etc.  Of course taken as a whole the andriod experience is sub-par for the typical consumer - but the consumer knows or at least thinks he knows what he wants.  And yes sometimes the sales rep is there to help the buyer convince himself that he wants an andriod device.
Why is the anal-syst releasing this gas now?   He might be trying to tip the scale toward the selling of apple stock - especially for those debating on selling it before the end of the year to realize tax benefits.     He wants to create downward momentum for apple stock so when apple releases their next quarterly report and smashes it - he and his comrades can bank in the spike that ensues.  
Dave: Hal um I mean Siri - Close the pod bay doors.   Siri: Sorry Dave I can't do that.  There is a frozen pea pod floating outside the ship.  Would you like to join it now.   Dave:  No!   Sir1:  OK, I'll eject you into interstellar space.   Dave:  Noooooooooooooo!