or Connect

Posts by tipoo

It's possible, I felt fairly sure it was the Hitachi before though, I seem to remember it clearly but if human memories were perfect we wouldn't build computers  Come to mention it, it does look like the tech put on the bottom too tightly rather than too lose, as the rubber around the screw holes towards the trackpad end is raised a bit from the contact with the actual chassis. Hmm. 
Huh, seems much better with 10.8.4, not completely fixed but it's like 80% where I would want it. 
It's interesting to note that the aggregate bandwidth is no different, it was 2x10 now it's 1x20, both directions. 
  That's what I thought, but any idea why they would switch them without mentioning it to me at all? It didn't seem like it was failing, always passed SMART. Did you notice a noise difference between the two? THe Hitachi one in mine I could almost not hear at all, the Toshiba one is fairly noisy. Not the worst I've heard in a laptop, but noisier than most recent HDD macs I've heard. 
Everything is still on it, but this is strange.  I sent our unibody white macbook in for service since it had the service battery warning within the warranty period (it had worn to 75% with only 700 charge cycles, and they say 1000 to 80%...Before you say anything I do do the best practices for lithium ion, avoiding full discharges and keeping the current flowing). That was fine, they swapped that out. However, upon getting it back, I noticed I could hear the hard...
Glad I'm not alone, sorry you're having the problem though. I can't remember if it was there with previous 10.8 releases, can you? 
Everyone wanted the weather icon to reflect the actual temperature, not drop the number altogether.
C2D 2.4GHz/Nvidia 320M/4GB RAM Safari, even with just a single tab open, is really chunky resizing under ML. I can literally count the frames out while I resize, either with the window edges or the green button. I don't recall this under Snow Leopard. If I just have the new tab window open it resizes quickly, but even one tab (anything, youtube, BBC, you name it) will make it chunky as anything.  Non-safari windows are fine.  Windows on the same system is fast...
But...Why? That's added GPU use and battery drain for forcing more light through less transparent area (more pixels still means more non-pixel area), and for what appreciable benefit? You could argue about arc-minutes and humans theoretically resolving more, but that's a theoretical benefit that almost no one will see. On a 4 inch display, I see little point, only if they scaled it to bigger. The iPad Mini though, THAT needs doubling.
But that's the wonderful thing about it, because of the genitals I was born with I can't see who wrote the reviews or even the content of them.