or Connect

Posts by simtub

It's very obvious that Apple spent time and energy to work on the US dataset and neglected the rest of the World.   Here is a good example, down town San Francisco clearly has building outlines and business information. The second image is Central in Hong Kong via Apples Maps showing one of the most dense areas of the city littered with bars, cafe's, businesses yet it shows absolutely nothing on the new maps app (Google Map shown for comparison). This is depressing....
I've relied on google maps on ios for so long during my time here in Hong Kong, navigating around the city, looking up shops, finding addresses and now I feel like I've taken ten steps back in map technolgy. Will for sure have to find other apps to use whilst Apple needs to work furiously on their maps software. Googles data set is much much more refined. Building outlines were so helpful on the zoomed in views. I didn't realize how convenient and how much I relied on the...
Lol Samsung just paid full ads and gave iPhone 5 1/2 the advert space for free
HP. Please have a product designed, built and finished ready to ship before you tell us. This is one thing I always admired about the way Apple does things. For now HP Phone = Vapourware
First of all, a very mehhh presentation... I miss those magical days when Steve was around exciting the crowd with unique and surprising ways to showcase products. The way the iPhone 5 appeared physically on stage was so trashy. Also Tim Cook is bland. He has reiterated the same things over and over again since iPhone 4S, iPad3 and WWDC 2012 presentations about how Apple is passionate about this and that blah blah... I'd like to see Apple presentations bring up more...
Double row genius bars? It was only last month when Apple was said to be reducing retail staff levels. Browett writing his wrongs here.
What a great article to read. It's great to learn more about some of Apples unsung heroes and their history. It's also nice to hear forum members who were once involved with Apple/NeXT comment on random events of their past. The complexity behind the simplicity of the products Apple make are often easily missed. We look at the iPod/iPhone/iPad as beautifully crafted minimal looking devices as an end product but behind the scenes, years of work on technological...
Does the latest Galaxy SIII infringe on any of the patents? If so does that mean Apple needs to file a new case?
  My thoughts are the same but somehow I feel Steve Jobs had this covered when he initiated Apple University. Apple as a company was truly his best creation. http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/10/06/apple_university_revealed_as_plan_to_teach_executives_to_think_like_steve_jobs.html
John Browett probably had his dirty hands all over these ads, now he needs to come forward and admit messing up again. Apple retail boss Browett admits 'messing up' over store changes http://www.retail-week.com/5039937.article