or Connect

Posts by simtub

Interesting post.Apple stops licensing google mapsApple saves on licensing feesGoogle loses huge slice of revenue from licensingGoogle looses millions of google map users therefore a huge chunk of ad revenue goneGoogle can put maps on app store for free - benefits apple because now its freeGoogle puts maps on app store for free - benefits customerGoogle puts maps on app store but charges - apple then automatically receives 30% cutGoogle doesn't make app for iOS - googles...
Losing Google's YouTube App on iOS: No biggie...we don't have to watch Gangnam Style Losing Google Maps on iOS: Millions of users in the Apple community disoriented...Apple, this is a monumental and fundamental part of what makes the iPhone or any smartphone a fledging Internet communications device. We have become so dependant on this in our daily lives and we take google maps as a feature that we pay for on iPhone having paid 1000's of dollars on products. When the...
Losing Google's YouTube App on iOS: No biggie...we don't have to watch Gangnam Style Losing Google Maps on iOS: Millions of users in the Apple community disoriented...Apple, this is a monumental and fundamental part of what makes the iPhone or any smartphone a fledging Internet communications device. We have become so dependant on this in our daily lives and we take google maps as a feature that we pay for on iPhone having paid 1000's of dollars on products. When the...
Doesn't matter what it's clocked at or whether it's faster...Maps is Epic Fail...sigh...
In other news, apple didn't announce that 5 million iPhone 5 users now have a crippled maps app
Tim & Co, please fix it! I love Apple!
It's very obvious that Apple spent time and energy to work on the US dataset and neglected the rest of the World.   Here is a good example, down town San Francisco clearly has building outlines and business information. The second image is Central in Hong Kong via Apples Maps showing one of the most dense areas of the city littered with bars, cafe's, businesses yet it shows absolutely nothing on the new maps app (Google Map shown for comparison). This is depressing....
I've relied on google maps on ios for so long during my time here in Hong Kong, navigating around the city, looking up shops, finding addresses and now I feel like I've taken ten steps back in map technolgy. Will for sure have to find other apps to use whilst Apple needs to work furiously on their maps software. Googles data set is much much more refined. Building outlines were so helpful on the zoomed in views. I didn't realize how convenient and how much I relied on the...
Lol Samsung just paid full ads and gave iPhone 5 1/2 the advert space for free
HP. Please have a product designed, built and finished ready to ship before you tell us. This is one thing I always admired about the way Apple does things. For now HP Phone = Vapourware