or Connect

Posts by 4phun

Certainly but I think everyone would agree that you should do your own research in the fast moving field of tech to avoid fanboy misinformation.    Start here with old news:   http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-samsungs-plan-free-itself-000400865.html   That link is six months old and there have been quite a few more details  seen since including reference to   2013 for the developers meeting on the  West Coast being very significant in Samsung's plans going forward.
There are very strong indications Samsung also plans to abandon Google and Android in favor of their own OS that is underdevelopment. Then Samsung can imitate Apple by controlling it all vertically with their own app store, search engine etc. I got the impression somewhere this may occur as early as 2013 at a Samsung world wide developers meeting in the USA, another blatant copy of how Apple works. Android fans may be won over by the fact Samsun plans to allow existing...
Isn't Asus the one that shipped ANDROID Nexus tablets with cheap SSD memory that began to fail with in a year? Why wasn't there a class action lawsuit against Google and Asus over that? Will Motorola now owned by Google be any better? How soon everyone forgets tech history. MicroCenter now has seven inch a Android Tablet starting at $49. That beats Frys $74 one.
I see Android 7" Tablets have plunged to $49 in the USA at MicroCenters. Previously Frys had the best price at $74 for an Android Tablet. Even at those absurd low fire sale prices, they still do not interest us because critical apps we can find for the iPad simply do not exist on the Android tablets.
Once you get past kiddie school into the professional ranks you may be shocked to discover many are now using MultiMarkDown and LaTeX and ignoring Microsoft altogether for processing text. Entire books are now being written on an iPad using MarkDown, very impressive! Some younger students are now switching to MarkDown as it works perfectly on the iPhone and iPad and not to mention the fragmented array of Android products. An hour or so of learning MarkDown can be...
Quote: bigmac2 "While it doesn't require backlighting it fade after time.Organic Light Emitting Diode lifespan is very short (3 to 5 years), like any other organic based products it degrade after time." Been there done that already and no more OLED for me. What a waste of money! IZGO does look interesting as long as it doesn't gradually die.
  That is a prime example of why you should be careful viewing Wikipedia, it is wrong.   No court is going allow you to plead that you saw it on Wikipedia and thought you were innocent.   Do an Internet search limiting yourself to the last month for more accurate info. Also avoid android fanboy websites as they're filled with incorrect and wishful dreams on the legality of rooting and jailbreaking new phones and tablets, all now  violations of the digital CopyRight law...
Let me guess, you are young?   Yes they have clearly changed the law again and you missed it.   There is no reason for the rooting (jailbreaking) that Congress temporarily allowed solely do to the non competitive cellular structure in the USA. This provision allowed you to move among cellular companies who sold the same type of technology you had in your phone. Now that everyone has moved to 4G and LTE no one can claim they are locked into one carrier. In...
There is one serious error in this post. JAILBREAKING OR ROOTING ANY NEW PHONE OR TABLET IS ILLEGAL AS OF JAN 1, 2013. There are no exceptions to this US law and anyone who claims otherwise is going to suffer if they choose to defy our lawmakers. As a matter of fact jail braking any tablet has always been illegal. Little details like that seem to have escaped the notice of the younger generation. There is a famous saying, "Young and Dumb!" It is not a coincidence that...
I am more concerned about the network spyware built into all Samsung and many Dell printers made by Samsung that was revealed today. Who else in the USA are they plotting to rip off like they did Apple? Just because the USA took South Korea under their protective wing in the Korean War and still maintains an expensive protective military presence between North and South Korea doesn't give Samsung carte blanch to stab the USA in the back, does it? Let Samsung now pay for...