or Connect

Posts by 4phun

You bring up an interesting point. Touch is widely use in mobile.What American car company just had JD POWERS dramatically lower their rating because their American Microsoft system software was such a poor experience?I bought a Toyota Hybrid Camry instead of a competing Ford product simply because I didn't want my precious wife to experience 'the blue screen of DEATH' while driving cutting edge tech!
From my iPadI run windows via parallel s 7 on the MacI wisely bought some Mac software to complement what Apple provides.I still get the daily email from GAOTD with the free commercial software.The reality is I have no need for all that ' free windows software' which often is a glorified KLUDGE. Mac software is so integrated it just turns out to be better in daily use.This isn't fanboy ism but over 60 years of experience talking!I have spent thousands and thousands over...
Those press guys all had Apple laptops as seen by the white logo on the screens.FUNNY at a Microsoft Press Conference!I wouldn't have applauded either as the presentation was an extremely painful attempt to imitate a genuine Apple event that would thrill the audience every few minutes.I actually felt sorry for Balmer and his unprepared clueless assistants.I also sort of feel sorry for the Apple retail employees who were poached by Microsoft for their new stores. If they...
Is it true these Microsoft tablets also have a cooling fan? Has anybody ever heard of any tablet having a cooling fan before now? That would have to impact battery life compared to the iPad, wouldn't it?   Anyone?
Mr Greer, Microsoft has your back. They plan to charge only $99 to remove OEM Crapware in Windows 8. http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/microsoft-to-charge-customers-99-to-remove-oem-crapware/20446   Of course that boggles my mind when OS X 8 in July 2012 is only $19.95 in the Apple Mac App Store.   Mr Greer, do you plan to always sit at a desk with this Microsoft Surface so you can take advantage of that kickstand? I am sitting downstairs with a recent Mac Book Pro in my...
I think of CompUSA that folded before CC. Why buy an iPad at BB when you can go to Wal-Mart or Sams Club and get an iPad with a 90 day return policy? Have you ever tried to take anything back to BB? IMHO it was the BB clueless purchase of a large stock of Android that never sold and had to be dumped at fire sale prices that killed their profit margin. Now it remains to be seen if they will repeat it with Microsoft's Nokia Phone? Compared to many mall Apple stores about...
One way to beat Google is to right click on a YouTube video in Safari and download it to your desktop. While that is downloading look top right and see if there is a sequel or another part of the video as some multipart clips are limited to ten or twelve minutes. Quickly get that loaded and as soon as it starts to play download that one too. Rinse and repeat for all you need.Start Quick Time and drag one video after another to QT so they are merged. Save as one huge new...
Very good AppleIinsiderITEXT EXPRESS TIPiText Express brings a lot to the table on the Mac when working with iBooks and ePubs.You can take any web page and dump it to your desktop using Safari and WebArchive. Change that to RTFD. Make a copy. Examine the copy with a right click View Package Contents to see all the objects on the web page.You can view and delete advertising and other images and maybe even the .plist. This makes the content a lot smaller in file size. I...
I would like to point out something. Today wikipedia used Java Script to block access and display their political views instead of the online Encyclopedia. Remember when decent Encyclopedias were very expensive and required a yearly update subscription? Well using Safari it was easy to unblock Wikipedia by opening PREFERENCES, going to the SECURITY TAB and deselecting JavaScript. No more Wiki blocking on the Mac or Windows! On the iPad it was slightly more difficult but...
I took the time to learn how to use Pages to create ePub3 and IMHO it is quite good. It could be better and I would love to be able to include APPS with in the iBook which is part of the ePub3 standard. My biggest grief is there are really no good ePub3 capable readers other than iBooks. iBooks doesn't even exist as a Reader app on the Mac! IMHO that is an area where Apple has dropped the ball. I hope Thursday fixes some of these irritations. If I want quick and dirty, ie...