or Connect

Posts by Elian Gonzalez

"While people complain about Apple selling a $10,000 watch, Tim Cook tells Fortune magazine he's going to pay for his nephews college education and then give the rest of his money away to charity."   Not quite seeing what one has to do with the other, unless the subtle joke is they're the ones actually paying for his nephew's education.
" That money would in most cases be much better spent giving it to a research medical charity." So why don't lead verifiable example rather than throwing it out unchallenged, tuff guy?
" That money would in most cases be much better spent giving it to a research medical charity." So why don't lead verifiable example rather than throwing it out unchallenged, tuff guy?
It will definitely be interesting to see what the effect will be on other smart watch makers, i.e., will they try to make more bands, try to advertise their product as more a luxury-type device. But of course, they were going to do that anyway, .
As I mentioned, I get the gold part, so that is clear to me, thanks for the condescension. I sincerely want to know if there are any good ideas about how this model is so significantly different on the inside for such a potentially large markup. 
(A presumed) five thousand dollars...for what essentially is the same device. Yes, I get the gold stuff. But someone, please, explain how the Edition version is so fundamentally different from the other two "models" as to have such a huge markup.
Um , it's called "rhetoric", you know? Like, um, maybe Siri can define that, um, for you, you know? And everything.
@rogifan These ads are not for you: they're for bored, 1 percenters. The "low-end" version of the watch is for us unwashed slobs, but the real target is...bored 1 percenters for whom blowing a (conceivably but not proved) large amount of money is no issue. Apple is a luxury brand to be sure, but these ads belie a desire to feed the petite bourgeoisie, which is, in the end, very counterrevolutionary.
Anyone else starting to feel fugly and unwashed and that this watch isn't for us?
What? No heavy analysis of the artwork? The bat wings? A swing at Motorola? An homage to Mothman? The rocket head looking thing right under the logo? I need meta-meta commentary!