or Connect

Posts by nkhm

Adobe CS is available as a download, haven't bothered with discs since cs4. Can't think of a single reason for an optical drive as standard...
I don't understand what is 'pro' about an optical drive. What do you need it for? I haven't bought physical software installation disks for over two years now, what use does it serve? I'm sure there will be a peripheral available for those that need one, but i can't imagine why anyone would need this in a portable device.
My point is that a matte screen is not the same as anti glare screen. This will still be a glass panel, but with some sort of tech to reduce reflection, much as museum glass.
Matte != anti-glare
They weren't anti-glare, they were matt. They suffered terribly from 'white-out' if direct sunlight hit them.
I guess in losing an optical drive, there would be plenty of scope for slimming the iMac down. Most of the weight is in the lcd display though, so guess they wouldn't be too much lighter. Heat has always been an issue for me, the 27inch can run very hot, but the screen glare 'issue' has never been a factor, simply position the iMac correctly in a properly lit room, no issue at all. Very excited for a revised form factor and an even more powerful top end 27" bto...
The point is that the device is capable of 4G - that is the claim made, that is the product sold. It works just fine on 3G and on your local wi-fi. If you were to travel to a 4G area, you would get 4G - that is the claim made by the product, and the claim is true.
Because 4G is coming on line and being developed now. Normally people complain when 'x' technology isn't included, even though it's not been globally adopted as a standard. This time Apple are ahead of the game. No complaint to be had here. It's not even hidden in the small print- it states clearly that you can connect to 4G where 4G is available. Apple makes no claim about the availability of 4G locally.
It's 4G compatible - the device is sold as being 4G compatible worldwide, and it is. Not Apple's fault if local carriers aren't. This is utter nonsense. There is no '-gate' for the iPad - the battery is great, the temperature is fine, the device work as advertised. Why are people so determined to create a scandal where none exists?
Yes, there are. And the height is perfect, just below chest height for thise standing, just above eye height for those in wheel chairs. Frthermore there is a solid metal bar at the bottom of the door.