or Connect

Posts by nkhm

"Your phone is a tool for communicating. You shouldn’t be communicating with the phone; you should be communicating with somebody on the other side of the phone,” he added." Really, so why put a web browser, GPS, apps and other functionality on a phone. This guy really is a moron.
I clicked the button, followed the upgrade. No issues. Not sure why anyone would.there's an overlap between two different services. MobileMe isn't morphing into iCloud. Maybe that's the cause of yr confusion. MobileMe != iCloud.
I'm hoping for snowleopard compatible updates to ilfe and iwork allowing icloud functionality, i just think icloud is aimed squarely at ios devices and every ios device under two years old will run ios5, so no one will reasonably be left out in the cold. Ed. Not forgetting itunes match and all the other itunes functionality will run under snowleopard...
Yup, latest technologies require latest operating systems and hardware. That's the nature of technology, although i will say that apple try as hard as any other company to maintain compatibility with kit and os for about two years back. My ipad 1 is about to run OS5, as a free upgrade. Not bad for two year old kit.
why? Mobileme will soon be dead. Icloud uses your apple id. Only one account, only one sign in. It really is that simple. As for people with multiple itunes accounts, that's a tiny minority of people who cheated cross border copyright and release restrictions, and these people are already used to multiple sign ins.
Cool, well as a software developer, you've Investigated the causes of this and reported back to apple to help them solve the issues.
Ok, poor choice of phrase, but it's the exact opposite of 'laggy', it's fast, responsive and 'instant'.Just thought, if yr using the express to connect the apple tv to the network, there's yr issue. It's an apalling piece of kit...
Mirroring on ipad2 here - zero latency, no issue at all...
It is possible for software to be multi-functional, and iTunes does it just great. I don't want one app to sync, one app for movies, one for books, one for apps, one for music, one for purchasing. It's an easy piece of software to use and it's all in one place. Having several apps to perform the function of an existing single piece of software is a retrograde step.
If yr itunes installation runs like treacle, there's something wrong with it. 290 gig library here, launches in less than one bounce, no performance issues at all. Maybe look to your own machine before assuming the software is at fault?