or Connect

Posts by nkhm

Oh dear. How would you hold it in the cup of your hand without obscuring the screen if the bezel was any smaller? It has a brand new version of iLife, and a new OS, with version 4 obviously on the way. I'm sorry you don't see the innovative nature of a device designed for a very focussed set of tasks that starts up in 16 seconds and has a ten hour battery life, weight one and a half pounds, will drop into your man bag, is smaller than a laptop and replaces the...
I disagree, this is a home device for those who don't want a computer in the living room, but do wanna browse, listen to music and check their email while reading the odd article. It will have a niche market in business, that it's not aimed squarely at the business market is it's main strength in marketing, and why all others have failed.
It DOESN'T work, that's the point. It's not stable, it consumes up to 100% processor power, it causes over heating and drains battery life, while causing hangs and browser crashes.
Yes, and fifteen years ago all web content was barely formatted text, ten years ago badly animated gifs, five years ago everything was drowning in unnecessary flash content. The internet is moving on. Flash was never intended as a way of presenting video, it sucks at it pretty badly. Adobe - sort your plug in. Browser developers - stop holding up new standards and let the world move forward - especially internet $&*(££&^ explorer!
Ermm - youtube is already doing it?
It's funny, i've got Youtube open in another tab, it's not costing me anything and I'm watching video without flash? Care to explain your statement? This is an issue of stability, standards, quality and accessibility, not one of profit for Apple. If apple allowed the flash plug in on the iPod Touch, iPhone and the 'pad the battery life would be around an hour, the devices would be hot to the touch and crash every ten to fifteen minutes. That is the fact. That is the...
Apple already make platform specific versions of Flash (for content creation) and the Flash Plug-in (for delivery) What are you talking about? Most graphics and web development agencies use the Mac platform, so it's not exactly "no money" we're talking about. The flash plug in, proprietary, locked down technology, created by Adobe (well, currently 'developed' by them at least) is for Adobe to sort out, not Apple. People rail against Apple for being 'closed', but rally...
Nope, we're going to disagree on this point. YOu can instantly flick between applications - i watched this happen. I can do it on my iPHone, so why not the iPad - the other app is sat there, simply waiting as i'd left it. So yes - taking notes, switch to a web page, switch back. I did not describe a small laptop or netbook - those both do much more than the 'pad and also run a full operating system, which the 'pad does not. They also take three minutes to start up and...
Why does it? I haven't transferred a file using a USB port. Ever. I have a computer here with wireless networking built it. Why does it need a camera from day one. I don't care what people buy netbooks for, this isn't a netbook. That's a bit like saying that the 'pad needs ABS from day one, as all new cars have it. I'll say it again, just to try and get this point home. This isn't a netbook, it's not a laptop, it's not a desktop, it's not designed to replace...
Maybe I can try - the vision to be able to hold something in your hand that has a useful screen size which can easily be taken into meetings to make notes, to check email, to connect to a projector, to look up reference material and to have a working day battery life, while being light enough to be carried in your standard briefcase without having to lug around a second case for your laptop all day. The vision to take a small device into any office and quickly pair with a...