or Connect

Posts by BAW

Only four words are needed to explain this kind of recurring BS: "Eastern District Of Texas."
Good clarification, thanks! Even more reason to investigate . . .
Although I am a satisfied Apple customer, I really couldn't care less whether it's Apple, Microsoft, Google, or any other tech company being sued in U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Texas. My point is that no court district should have that kind of reputation, and if they do, should be investigated. Argue the merits of whatever patent case you bring on exactly that, not on whose palms you've greased or where you know you can go for an almost always favorable...
You made my day with this post!
The most hilarious thing about these lawsuits is always the phrase "Eastern District of Texas." Gee, I thought the legal system was supposed to be impartial and all, but obviously companies know where to file their lawsuits to get a favorable result. Frontier justice, where no doubt wheels are being greased behind the scenes for just the right outcome. Since this is a U.S. District Court, why is there not an ongoing federal investigation into their reputation for favoring...
Oh puhleeeze . . . the privacy sky is falling again!
Versions 10 and now 11 of FileMaker Pro have been sold as full upgrades, when in fact the kinds of improvements they represent appear incremental at best. The graphic improvement features especially should have long ago been included in previous versions at no extra charge. The design and marketing strategy at this wholly-owned subsidiary of Apple seems to have degenerated into "what are the fewest possible number of 'new' features we have to add to justify a full upgrade...
Any of Apple's suppliers who are actually manufacturing iPads AND talking to these so-called analysts are playing a dangerous game of chicken. Why would they have ANY incentive to do this, unless it's individuals at the manufacturers who are being bribed by the analysts. If I were Apple, I would be interested in discovering these leaks and making sure that the iPad business went somewhere else.
LOL HP et all know that they can't compete and never will be able to. Itunes is the gold in the ipad's success. Seems like Steve realized that any tablet is just a tablet and the thing that makes a tablet really work is the software and media ecosystem it lives in. (MMMM thousands of awesome apps we are all drooling already) Hmm somebody studied evolution and Biology. LOL No one can compete with Itunes at this point; most are still trying to compete with the device itself...
The most telling line in the story is: Those with the company are allegedly "afraid people will cancel the print paper if they can get the same thing on their iPad," the report said. Did I miss something here? Isn't that the whole purpose of going digital?! This is an internal turf war at the NY Times, one that has a great deal to do with whether or not the company survives as a viable and trusted news source. The Old World print people are beginning to really understand...