or Connect

Posts by island hermit

I don't ever remember discussing this with Bageljoey.
 I don't think it was a scam at all. If that's the case then it makes Tim Cook look like he doesn't know what he is doing. I think it was a company that over reached its ability and Apple was slightly naive for believing that the company could achieve the necessary goals with the right amount of cash. Obviously there were hurdles that everyone overlooked. If this was an outright scam then these guys wouldn't be giving Apple back the money and Apple wouldn't be giving them...
Sometimes you just have to turn down a deal... no matter how lucrative it appears. GTA just didn't have the wherewithal to walk away from a deal with Apple.
 Oh... I thought you just said it was 3 years. So now you are saying you don't know what the upgrade cycle is. You could have saved us all a bunch of time and said that in the first place.
 ... and if it's lower then you will say you have to compare it over 5 years. Been there... done that...
 She's not a troll. Just a very well educated technophile.
 Except that you are now shrinking the market for the iPad... moving a person from an iPad to a MBA. I thought the whole idea was to have the iPad do more to increase its market.
 The last 6 quarters in the previous 3 year cycle sold 15 million more iPads than the first 6 quarters of this 3 year cycle.
Maybe Mac sales will eventually be greater than iPad sales.   
 Unless, of course, iPad sales continue to slide... and then it could be less than 140 million.