or Connect

Posts by island hermit

It doesn't even matter if Cooks "knows". It doesn't even matter if the whole thing fails. This is pocket change. Play money. The only thing that can get hurt is Apple's ego.
 I'm sure Spotify would have asked for twice that. I guess Tim believes that he can use Beats streaming service to eventually bankrupt Spotify and have Beats headphones pay for the whole show.
 Not then... but when Dr. Dre steps into the design department and starts giving him design tips.
It'll be interesting to see if any 1st tier Apple employees, who are connected with this deal, walk over the next few months.
 ... on both sides of the coin. But, this is a speculation/rumor site. I see nothing wrong at all with people giving their opinions. Sometimes they're wrong but sometimes they end up being right.
 I'd imagine that the Kindle Fire would represent a large portion of that group. ... but, yes, it just looks sloppy.
 Never mind...
"Adding to the never-ending stream of scuttlebutt surrounding Apple's hyped buyout of Beats Electronics, a report on Tuesday claims the terms of the supposed acquisition have dropped to $3 billion and will be announced this week."   I think the article meant to say, "... dropped by $3 billion..."  har!
 You're such a serious person.
 If Google was able to keep the operating loss tax credits on the books after the deal with Lenovo then, apparently, it would bring the cost down to around $3 billion... which, all in all, would be a fair price for the patents... but not $7 billion. I haven't read anything to date, though, as to whether or not Google was able to keep the tax credits on the books. Meanwhile... $2.91 billion would be a good price to pay for Synaptic.