or Connect

Posts by island hermit

Of course, you seem to be forgetting this your interpretation of what I said is just an opinion. Not solid fact... or anything close to it. That you don't get what I am saying is of no concern to me. It seems that you believe that everyone has misinterpreted what I am saying but we don't know if that's the case. Your position is no more valid to me than any other member. Please don't forget that.  You also forget that my life doesn't hinge upon agreeing with you or you...
 WTF are you talking about? The watch as metaphor means that although it isn't limited to being just a watch it still looks just like a watch. You're the one that said that Apple won't give up the wrist... whereas I never said anything about Apple giving up the wrist... nor did I say anything about the wrist being a viable place for anything other than a watch. You're really all over the place lately.
 There you go assuming again. Wrist does not have to equal watch.
 Apple use the watch as its starting point for wearables. I'm thinking that the watch as metaphor for wearables might have been the wrong thing to copy.
 That's where I would have liked to see Apple go first... into my home. My Wife's iPhone is connected to our car's BT. I always like it when I'm sitting in the car waiting for her and then suddenly, on the screen, it announces that her iPhone is now connected. I know she's only a few feet away. I want my home to know when I'm around. I want my car and my home to ask me questions, answer my questions... and I'm really tired of having to plug shit in all the time. lol I'm a...
 You're not getting what I said. Is the watch metaphor even the product that will make the wearables market big? Forget about chips. Forget about watches. Think about the product that would increase convenience in your life. Is it even a watch?
 That's interesting, Dick. Hopefully she can get on the transit with the watch as well. Here's my story about convenience... our new Honda Civic. Never do I have to pull anything out of my pocket. I put the key fob in my pocket and the car opens and starts without every having to reach to get the keys. That's convenience. The Apple Watch might be a start but it is already anachronistic imo. We still have to look at it, we still have to fiddle with it, we still have to...
  Well, from everything that you've said it appears that you agree with what I said. It's going to take a while for this thing to take off. Moving on... because we just keep saying the same things over and over... The "wearables" market will be huge... agreed... but... is the Apple Watch the thing that will make the wearables market move? Is Apple sticking too close to the watch metaphor? Is Apple's corporate culture restricting Apple's ability to think more out of the...
 Hell, people on here constantly shit on Samsung products all the time.
 ... and you need to read what I originally said: "I'm sure there is a lot of potential... but... unlike the iPhone and the iPad which seemed to be filling a gap, I just can't see the Apple Watch taking off right away (I agree with Inkling... they're a solution in search of a problem). Over time I can see there might be added functionality that will increase its popularity but as far as convenience being one of the benefits... hmmmm... between pulling an iPhone out of my...