or Connect

Posts by island hermit

I think that, more than anything, these are concepts that need to have all the bugs ironed out. It's going to take a while. Certainly not within the next 20 years.
 The telephone in 1906-1908 was not so rudimentary anymore. It was basically in its final form for a few years to come. For someone at that point to say that it has no future would have been the same as someone looking at an Apple computer or and IBM Jr. and saying the same thing. I can fully appreciate someone looking at a mainframe from the 1960s and not being able to see a use for it at home. ... or maybe I just read your comment wrong.  lol
 http://www.solarroadways.com/intro.shtml
 I remember reading an article from around 1906-1908 that said the same thing about telephones.
 For some of my guests that would be absolutely perfect.
 That's why I mentioned 50-60 years as a starting point where we will see at least half of all buildings having been partially or completely built for smart tech and in 100 years the majority of buildings will have been built for smart tech. Anything over the next 30 years will definitely be hit and miss and, yes, will have to be retrofitted but will begin to improve beyond that time frame... very similar to buildings/houses that were built in the late 1800s having to be...
 I would imagine that home building will be quite different within the next 50-60 years. The home and driveway will be clad in solar cells, connectivity will be easy and abundant, exterior and interior. Within 100 years the smart home will be quite complete... but most people today might not call the results aesthetically pleasing... even though the design will be clean and efficient. 
 So, you're saying that if it's done half-assed then it can be accomplished now.
 As Anan mentioned... this would have to be years in the future. Mentioning pie in the sky dreams seems very unApple to me. That's Google's game.
I see no mention of the med-tech that Apple has been sourcing.