or Connect

Posts by island hermit

No no no... this story has it all wrong.   How do I know?   One of our fellow members told us definitely absolutely for sure that these tactics and this market do not exist.
 Personally... I think that lineup is very confusing.
 There was absolutely nothing racist or even remotely close to being racist in my statement.
 The Apple press release says that the 10 million only includes the 6 and 6+. "Apple® today announced it has sold over 10 million new iPhone® 6 and iPhone 6 Plus models, a new record, just three days after the launch on September 19." http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2014/09/22First-Weekend-iPhone-Sales-Top-10-Million-Set-New-Record.html Impressive... but the 5S might have sold even more units than one of them.
 I'll wait to see if the 5S shows up in the #3 spot in the Cannacord report.
 Even more hilarious if it's true.
 You forgot the classic line: "I've been an Apple user for a number of years, but..."
 Okay... so Apple collects everything that is sitting in the channel... what are we talking... 200,000 maybe 300,000... and ships them to China. There... are you happy now. All 10 million are sold.
 Actually, Tim Cook answered that question as well by saying at the beginning of this year that Apple didn't get the 5S/5C mix right. Had Apple anticipated the demand of the 5S then it would have made more 5S models and less 5C models. The number given by Apple always includes some channel fill. Last year it was much more (ie. 5C) and this year, much much much less. [ In other words... Apple sold every iPhone that was available to them at launch. China would not have made...
 That's an interesting lineup. I'm really torn about the 6C, though. That $100 difference has already been tried and I still don't think that Apple sold as many of the plastic phones as it had hoped... regardless of how well it might have sold. Here we are... discussing next year's phones already.  Har!