or Connect

Posts by island hermit

Well, they seem to be connected to Apple... raising the price target to $115 just last week. 
 Nightmares? I thought that would be some of your favorite dreams.
If Apple brings out a watch and it's successful then I'd say the company will have smooth sailing for another 3 to 4 years.   This, imo,  would prove once and for all that Cook is able to do a Steve.
 I get that... but let's say that Apple has 20% yoy in the fiscal 1st quarter... 64 million phones. Then what? Not that Apple would be doing badly. Hardly. Rather... no matter what, you are probably not going to see the wild growth that you saw between 2007 and 2012... unless Apple can come up with another product category that is successful as the iPhone. Stability is the goal... imho.
 They weren't talking about market share. They were talking about saturation. How much of the high end market does Apple have in high end phones. If the number is really high then one should be able to reasonably assume that sales will be slowing down at some point. I didn't say "ending"... just slowing down. Which is what we are seeing. Apple still sells more phones yoy but the percentage over the year before is no longer what it used to be. The chance for wildly...
 I think Sog was just pointing out that I was wrong about Apple not being held by investment houses... but he might have also been using that as an argument for Apple's blue chip status, I'm not sure. I agree with the former... but not the latter... or at least that there's not a correlation between the two.
 Okay, you're right about that. I had read otherwise not that long ago and I didn't bother checking, instead going by memory. ... but... I'll have to remind you that Google is actually above Apple on some of the lists. I guess they'll be going blue chip soon as well. They're just another stock split away...
 I also consider BH a blue chip stock... who wouldn't. Apple still has a ways to go in my mind. A lot of investment houses back me up on that. ... but I would say that "soon" AAPL will be looked at as solid blue chip. Soon being within or no later than 5 years.
 You obviously didn't look at a comparison of AAPL / CSCO since 1990.
 Oh, yes... those are all the requirements for a blue chip stock. Silly me. By the way... I have not once said that AAPL is a bad stock... but anything over $105 is a sell to me.