or Connect

Posts by island hermit

Well... actually... that was going to be the next question.  lol Since I never said anything about knowing how the market works... I thought Mr. Internet Stock Guru could tell us the answer to both questions. (I mean... if you really are asking me then I'd say it's all horseshit... and that there are no real rules other than some illogical determination made by some very wealthy influences... so why not line-ups at Apple stores...  lol)
 Let's not forget the part where I mentioned "demand". 4 million preorders in 24 hours is a fairly good indication of demand. ... but, since, in this person's mind, demand does not affect the price of a stock, let's go further... I was actually waiting for Mr. Internet Stock Guru to explain to us what is intrinsically different about Apple to have the stock valued at over $101 today as opposed to $56 just over a year ago. What has changed so much at Apple to almost double...
 Finally!!! Someone who knows the difference between "losing" and "loosing". I thought the day would never come.  lol
 iPod Nano!!?? I'm just trying to get my Black and Decker drill fixed!!
Longer lines than usual; demand higher than usual...   ... and look at Apple stock!!  Wow!!   Oh...   Flatline.   Hmmmmmmmm...
 Portable electronics are fine... just not 4 of them... and don't give clocks, umbrellas, knives, towels....
 I think final approval will magically appear in about 2 months.
 I agree... and, obviously, so do quite a few others on here (re: comments on another thread the other day). Whether Apple starts selling them in China now or 4-6 months from now, the demand will be so heavy that it won't make a difference.
 The way I read it is that Apple is not pressing for the approval... leading "some" to believe that Apple is using this to delay the launch either for increased anticipation or because of product shortages (or both). By the way... I'm not saying anything...
I was reading a Reuters article that said "some" have indicated that Apple is delaying the approval because it does not have enough product to satisfy all markets.   Mind you... I haven't found a link or anything to tell me who the "some" is...