or Connect

Posts by island hermit

Well, from everything that you've said it appears that you agree with what I said. It's going to take a while for this thing to take off. Moving on... because we just keep saying the same things over and over... The "wearables" market will be huge... agreed... but... is the Apple Watch the thing that will make the wearables market move? Is Apple sticking too close to the watch metaphor? Is Apple's corporate culture restricting Apple's ability to think more out of the...
 Hell, people on here constantly shit on Samsung products all the time.
 ... and you need to read what I originally said: "I'm sure there is a lot of potential... but... unlike the iPhone and the iPad which seemed to be filling a gap, I just can't see the Apple Watch taking off right away (I agree with Inkling... they're a solution in search of a problem). Over time I can see there might be added functionality that will increase its popularity but as far as convenience being one of the benefits... hmmmm... between pulling an iPhone out of my...
 Just remember... that goes both ways.
 What do you think will be the iTunes equivalent for the Apple Watch? (ie - iTunes - easy access to digital music) When that thing can monitor b/p, heartrate and diagnose you by peeing on it... then I might consider buying one.
 There was, at the very least, a huge market for music when the iPod was released. The cd player was cumbersome. MP3 players fixed that. The iPod refined it. iTunes enhanced it. Show me the same market for the Apple Watch. Straw man indeed.
 The example of the iPod is a bad one... that was about price, not the gap that the iPod filled... which is what I am talking about with the Apple Watch. The problems that the iPod fixed was ease and functionality... people wanted the convenience of MP3 players to listen to their music but everything up until the iPod was not as easy to use. iTunes fixed the next problem... access to more music... legally. (pipped by Satchmo) I don't think the Apple Watch is fixing a...
 I'm sure there is a lot of potential... but... unlike the iPhone and the iPad which seemed to be filling a gap, I just can't see the Apple Watch taking off right away (I agree with Inkling... they're a solution in search of a problem). Over time I can see there might be added functionality that will increase its popularity but as far as convenience being one of the benefits... hmmmm... between pulling an iPhone out of my pocket and working with something on my wrist... 6...
 I agree that they might need a pu option... but why buy Radio Shack stores for that purpose. I'm sure there are dozens of other locations that are available to them.
 I have to agree about losses. I mean, what the hell does Jeff know about brick and mortar. This aint a situation like Apple selling the goods they make.