or Connect

Posts by island hermit

Government?
At least now we know why Samsung didn't buy Beats last year... they just copied them instead.
 LOL! You were the one giving us YTD and 12 month performance. Not me. You should take some of your own advice. BTW - $700 for AAPL was also an anomaly. Shouldn't have gone much beyond $560.
 Show me a swing in GOOG that equaled the swing in AAPL in the last 5 and I will. AAPL has been a lot more volatile over the years. It makes people antsy. $200 back down to $80 [on edit: "although this was a time when most stocks took a large hit")... $700 back down to $360. AAPL is still a stock that makes people hold their breath when they buy it.
 From the fact that last year at this time Apple was down 40% from its high of $100. The stock market is not based upon YTD or 12 month performance.
If anything, it might help legitimize Apple in the enterprise world.
 Just an fyi... Steve passed away going on almost 3 years now.
 It's Europe, they'll squash this deal because Timmy and Jimmy rhyme and the names look too much the same.
I raise the target to $100 without Apple having to do a damn thing.
 ... a then hypothetical Apple Phone that had a keyboard and basically looked like a Blackberry. That's the trouble with these surveys, and I'm sure the point of your comment, we have no idea of the final shape and function of the iWatch. People's interest in it will rise or fall once the product is in hand. [whoops - pipped by TheWhiteFalcon]