or Connect

Posts by island hermit

I've gone to a few news sites, non-tech, and most of the posters seem to be taking potshots at Apple in general... the watch is just a sideshow. It's an odd thing... like the opposite effect caused by some politicians... 2 years into the term of a bad president and all of a sudden you can't find anyone that voted for him... whereas, with Apple, the iPhone sells in multi droves throughout the world, over and over again, yet you read comment sections and you'd think nobody...
 Isn't it funny how, not that long ago, we didn't know about mobile phones and smart phones. Now they are "necessities".
  Let's put it this way... if Apple sold 100 million iPhones and 50 million watches and 40 million iPads in the Q1 2016 and the stock stayed below $120 then it would become way too obvious that AAPL was being over manipulated. ... now consider the inverse. That's what I'm talking about.
One thing I can see is that this is not the profit booster that Wall Street envisioned.   Like the iPad, this watch will reach a peak very soon and then the numbers will begin to dwindle.   Also like the iPad, the functionality just isn't there, yet, to make this a must have item.
 This is something that I'm also wondering. Apple's manufacturing capacity is already stretched. As if they hadn't learned from the incident with the 5S and 5C... expecting in the beginning to sell more 5Cs and less 5Ss... but they were still only dealing with 3 models. Now they want to throw even more balls into the air. In my opinion, the 4.7 was enough. We'll see.
 Asking somebody to watch the kids will take on a whole new meaning.
As I said in another thread...   This thing needs a target on the face.
 If taken at face value you'd think so. ... but when I think about it for a second I can just dial it out and life becomes crystal clear again.
 Pricey? I remember some of the first Seiko digital watches. $250 - $300 was common... and that was over 35 years ago.
 A label given to me by my Father-in-law many many times...