or Connect

Posts by island hermit

I'm not sure, man, you're the one making up this shit. You made it sound like Apple wouldn't be interested in selling an extra 20 to 30 million phones.
 Uh huh. Apple doesn't want to sell an extra 20-30 million phones... phones that might otherwise be Samsung. Sure. I'll go along with that.
 Exactly.
If not a larger screen then what?   Where can Apple go with its design to attract more sales?   I think the mix of 5s and 5c is as good as it gets if Apple sticks with 4 inch phones.   Well, maybe not. Something better than the 5c might bump it up a bit... but then I think it really hits a ceiling.
 Well, you give us your interpretation of Cook's remarks when he was asked for his explanation of why "sales were lower than expected". I don't recall Cook saying that sales weren't lower than expected before giving his reason. Demand percentage for the iPhone 5c "turned out to be different than we thought,"... just a fancy way of saying that the 5c didn't sell as many phones as expected. As you know, I don't like bullshit.
 Exactly.
 An 8gb iPhone with a larger screen sounds like a real loser to me. Won't people who are willing to shell out the extra bucks to have a larger screen be the same people who won't accept anything less than 32gb?
 "I think its a bit optimistic to expect the 5C to sell as well as the 5S." "This doesn't mean they expected it to ship as well as the 5S which is what you're implying." Twice. So, now I really am wondering.
  ... and twice you've said that I implied that it should have shipped as well as the 5s. So I've got to wonder. ... and, yes, we do know Apple's expectations with the 5c. Greater than what they did sell.
 Why would it be a slap in the face for Apple? (... and why would Cook say that has sold lower than expected? What the hell, do you think I make up this stuff)