or Connect

Posts by island hermit

Yup... that's the reason... uh huh... yesiree... ... oh boy. By the way... if the 5 was such a nightmare to produce why did Apple go back to the same design to build the 5s? 
 I think somebody got confused... Fadell has been called the Father of the iPod by some of the press while at the same time Rubinstein was know as the Podfather.
 In the US it was running #3 on all carriers about 2 months ago but it's hard to say where it stands now. I suspect the Cannacord numbers will be out again soon. As far as the success rate of the 5c in China and other parts of Asia... I'd guess that it is sitting about #5 or #6. Europe, maybe #4 or #5. Whether the US, Asia or Europe... I really don't think the 5c has lived up to Apple's expectations. To me the 5c is sitting right on the edge of the flop fence... because it...
 Maybe not "shitless", but close:Jean-Louis Gassee, formerly of Apple Computer, was quoted as saying "When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell." (Amazing Computing, Nov. 1996) 
 I've known a few people (and I mean "few") who go to bed between 11 pm and midnight and get up every day around 4:00-4:30 am... 5 or 6 days a week. Most, if not all, were very subdued but seemed to work at a level comparable to everyone else... even better in some cases.Myself... if I did that, I'd be dead by week 2.

I went to a dance show at one of the local high schools. Middle to upper middle. Almost all the girls that I saw in the audience, and I'm talking 120-150, were hanging onto phones. I saw a few 5, a few 5s, a few flavors of Samsung, a 4 or 4s or two, an HTC... but not one 5c... and I was looking hard (MOM!! What's that creepy old dude looking at??!!). Most of the parents seemed to be holding onto one type of iPhone or another with a few Samsungs in the mix. I expected to...
 Uh, no... what matters more is the effect the ad has on sales. Up is good... sideways and down are bad.
 You haven't been around that long, have you... (unless I have mistaken what it is that you are saying)
 Oh.. so the 5c doesn't look or feel premium? This just gets better and better.