or Connect

Posts by island hermit

... and some posters like to use or misuse the data to influence their point of view (by all means, I am not inferring anything concerning you).
 Problem with English? Not sure.
 Actually, I don't think anyone cares what either of you say (... and I'm just here to give you a heads up). Man, it's embarrassing. Just saying...
I see that only one person has tried to decipher Apple's channel inventory for me.   If nobody knows what it means then I'm wondering how relevant that data really is to the masses.
 Hmmmm... that's odd. I hit the link for AppleInsider and somehow or other I got transferred to MacRumors.
 Irrelevant, sure... but I'd love to see Apple sell 85 million iPads in 2014 to make it even more irrelevant.
Hold it! Isn't this just a ploy by Cook to increase demand?
 It's a mystery to me. I only mentioned it because I have noticed a few people talking about Apple divulging channel inventory. It might make sense to them but it sure doesn't help me understand Apple's numbers any better. [this is not meant as a slight against Apple]
 Speaking of channel inventory... I noticed from the q4 2012 that there was an estimated 9 million units in the channel. In the q4 2013 there was an estimated 14 million units in the channel. I'm not even sure what all that means but I'm sure it is not inconsequential.
Here's a question:   What's the solution for Apple to grow its bottom line?