or Connect

Posts by island hermit

Really?
 "If" Apple was to find a magic number for decreasing margin but at the same time increasing share to the point where the eps rose... then Apple wouldn't have to worry about making up any amount. Finding that magic number is the trick. Right now... margins... the devil you know.
 ... and that underscores what I've been saying for a while. Analysts see a lot of wishing and hoping. Regardless of Apple's huge financial strength, regardless of strong quarters... there is the problem of declining revenues. The proof will be in the pudding if AAPL is to rise. If someone isn't invested in Apple then this is of no concern at present. Apple is not going away tomorrow. For someone who is invested then it's of great concern.
 100% revenue growth over the next 5 years, while stupendous, is below the average of the previous 5... which is why I said it sounds like status quo. Apple's rev growth over the 12 months from July 1, 2012 until June 30th, 2013 was 13.8%.  Personally, I can see a great holiday quarter but without a popular new product line or a reduction in margins I see negative revenue growth coming in the future. By the way.... at present it's priced higher than 3%... but I haven't sat...
 That sounds like keeping the status quo to me.
 1. Apple's revenue growth has slowed considerably over the last year. 2. Are you saying that high margins are a pre-requisite for eps growth or are you saying that this is specific to Apple?
 Unless your opinions conform to the norm around here... well... you know... I had one guy insult the shit (keeping with the theme) out of me and I'd never even had an exchange with him. It takes all types.
 I think Apple is going to have a helluva holiday quarter. That being said... if it's true that Apple only sold 14 million iPads this last quarter with no yoy growth then we're going to hear some moaning from the pundits. Oh... what am I saying. They're going to moan anyway.

... but I still believe that Apple is short on its expected 5c numbers. You see, when I think people are right... I'll say so. When I think they are wrong... then I'll say so. PS - take the curlers out of your hair for our next date.