or Connect

Posts by Crunch

Ok, this is too weird now, but I am going to report it anyway: I have switched to the 2.6GHz quad i7 and to 16GB of RAM. I used Time Machine to run one last backup with my "old" 2.3GHz/8GB and upon launching the 2.6GHz/16GB, I used Time Machine to copy everything back, which worked extremely well. Lo' and behold, I'm trying to open apps and several tabs per browser with multiple browsers running. There is no more lag!!!!!??????   Come on, 300MHz faster did this?...
Grrrrrr...but I really like Google's Chrome browser. 
No, that's not correct. The i7-3610QM has the 1.1GHz GPU, and that's what most PC's use. However, the 2.3GHz in the MacBook Pro's is the i7-3615QM, which runs at 1.2GHz! The latter also has VT-d, which the i7-3610QM does not include.   Yes, technically even the i7-3615QM is still a tad slower, but now we're only talking about a difference of 50MHz. 1.2GHz in the 2.3GHz (i7-3615QM) vs. 1.25GHz in the 2.6GHz (i7-3720QM). The L3 cache is the same amount as well (6MB),...
No, it's not entirely a non-issue. I currently have the 2.3GHz 8GB model and almost all of the time, when I go into Mission Control, for example, it takes a sec for Mission Control to appear properly. Once it's done with a particular set-up, I can go back and forth to and from Mission Control and everything is super snappy. However, once I get to the point where apps are in different places because Mail goes from one space to another and maybe I open another browser and...
    I had the same reaction. Why didn't Apple object to that question based on lack of relevance?
What does MS sell in their stores besides XBOX/Kinect and Windows 7 boxes??? I'm literally embarrassed for Microsoft these days. Apple doesn't even sell software titles much anymore, except in its Mac App Store.   Everything rides on the success of Windows 8, which many consumer, developers, and OEM's dislike with a passion. Let's see that Surface tablet. Maybe Ballmer can fake some enthusiasm next time he does a demo.
Sweet! especially now that Apple allows for full customization on both the "lower-end" $2199 model as well as the high-end one $2799. The 2.6GHz/16GB/256GB is the best combo as far as what you get for each dollar invested IMO.
    8GB as in ONE DIMM? Didn't think so, you probably looked at 2x4GB. Either way, you can't upgrade the new MBP anyway.         You go, girl. Be sure to let us know how you're making out with your sixte... Ugh, wait, you can't upgrade the 2009 MBP to more than 8GB, if that.         I know what ya mean...Lugging 4 pounds around can be hard on yer back. And no, the 13" Retina MBP won't be upgradable either, so expect lots of that proprietary glue....
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... **** **** **** ************!!!! OK, I'm SO returning my 2.3GHz/8GB even though it's been 45 DAYS and BTO'ing the 2.6GHz for $100 more......................   This is a total departure from Apple usually forcing us to buy the high-end model of any given series (MBP, MBA, iMac) to be able to customization of the entire insides...so this is good news, as we can look forward to every (or most) product line and customize the whole...
How about you guys buy one of the docks available where you get an entire DOCK with a laundry list of ports connected to just one Thunderbolt port: Gigabit Ethernet, FW800 (don't remember if it's a set of two or just one), 4x USB 3.0 (compatible w/ USB 2.0), 1x HDMI, (the Matrox dock has 1x DVI), 1x eSATA, another 1x Thunderbolt port for daisy-chaining, and I'm sure I'm leaving something out. There is one dock already out by Matrox, but the really awesome one from Belkin...