or Connect

Posts by Crunch

Last year it started in late May so the start of the school year has little to do with it, but if they're going to do it again this year, they're shortening the window of opportunity.
I think you might have forgotten to embed a link to whatever site you're referring to. I do agree with you, though. I took some of the respondents' advice and researched other 27 and larger displays and there are good ones out there if the reviews are to believed. HP, Dell, and a relative newcomer called DoubleSight. ALL of them are MORE expensive as compared to Apple's 27" monitor. ALL of them!So much for the so-called "Apple tax" or "Apple logo fee" hypotheses, but it...
Ok, so after a long search, I came upon an insane deal on a lightly used 30" Apple Cinema HD display yesterday. There is not so much as ONE single scratch or ding or whatever to be found on it and I've looked! The screen is also immaculate without even one little bitty dead pixel. Even the darn box it came in looks like it just came off a shelf in an Apple store and the manuals have that new "shiny" look to them. (knocking on wood wildly) So I'm happy BUT.....\ I...
Actually, you don't have to park your MacBook Pro/Air in front of the monitor at all. You'll have to get a keyboard, though, as well as a mouse or one of those Trackpads that Apple came out with last summer. I still had the Trackpad from my iMac days and my days using a mouse were over on day 1 of using that incredible Magic Trackpad. I also got one of those BookArc stands that you can pop your MacBook Air (or Pro) into and simply connect it to monitor that way and...
I just upgraded my iPad 2 to iOS 5 and I'm digging it. There are quite a few new and cool looking welcome/setup screens. Lots of new eye candy to be had. I would NOT have done it if I still had my iPad 1 because of the jailbreak. It doesn't look like an iPad 2 JB is coming anytime soon, so this is worth it. My iPhone 4 will definitely not get the iOS 5 treatment but OS X Dev. Preview 4 will be on my shiny new MBP later on today. Woohoo. Shot a bunch of pics and videos...
Thanks for the advice, Marvin. I've decided against the 30" ACD. I'm amazed at how much people on Craigslist, for example, want for their 3-5 year old displays, but ok, it did used to be almost $2,000 by itself in a lot of places once sales tax is considered. Thanks again!
Thanks, guys, I really appreciate it and two weeks after the last post to this thread, I'm still holding out and may continue to do so until at least June 6 when WWDC '11 is set to start off. In addition, let me put out a couple more thoughts: Would it be wise to buy a used 30" Cinema Display on Craigslist and how much do you think that I should spend if I were to go that route? Before you answer, I understand that most will not have warranty and there are probably...
Because there IS NO MONEY IN IT...This argument will never die, will it?
I've had my iPhone 4 since July 2010 and I still have my breath taken away sometimes when that single most incredible display I've ever lay my eyes on lights up, especially in the dark. I only wish that the one OBVIOUS and now ONLY product of Apple's various devices that have screens would have IPS and that's the MacBook Pro and Air.
All of this back-and-forth about something that is nearly obsolete. The minute the first ThunderBolt hard drive is released, we'll be able to boot from an external RAID array like I do with my 4TB WDC RAID 0 NAS via FireWire 800. Obviously, the internal drive still boots faster than the 800Mbps FW (1394b) port, but it's great that that's even possible. This is one of my backup methods, co-incidentally and it works great. Now think how fast the ThunderBolt connection...