or Connect

Posts by Crunch

Someone will find a way to circumvent the latest obstacles that Apple has so thoughtfully put in place for us to find. There is already a thread on this right here.
READ MY POST! I am talking about my OWN PERSONAL experiences. I don't like OWC either, but nobody but you are talking about them. I LOVE my 27" iMac, too. And it's FLAWLESS. As I wrote above. It took me FOUR tries, though, and that's all there is to it, son...
This iMac design has existed since October 2009 and has had restrictions (or obstacles at least) in place from day 1. Same with the mid-2010 refresh. While I love the design, I miss my SSD's and being able to make upgrades to MY machine. Not only will I not spend the ridiculous amounts of money that Apple wants for their SUB-par SSD's, but I want to be the one who makes the choice as to what SSD(s) go(es) into my machine. As I noted, not all SSD's are created equal and...
Alright, so I've been toying with the idea of replacing my 27" iMac with a MacBook Pro plus the 27" Cinema Display in order to have "the best of both worlds". The obvious advantage is to be able to have a laptop when I need it and since Apple came out with the last Cinema Display refresh, I can throw together a pseudo-iMac in the 27" display which is the exact same display that is on the 27" iMac. The recent refresh of the MacBookPro's with its quad-core i7's have made...
Actually, I did make sure that it was the right IPSW file and as I stated, I had already attempted restoring manually and choosing a specific IPSW file. You were right about the hosts file, though. A couple of helpful guys in another forum made sure that I check my hosts file and DUH me, I knew it was a small thing that I was overlooking. I had never even considered what ended up being an obvious thing to check for Jailbreakers. This may well be a problem for others...
I have a 2010 iMac and all the latest versions of iTunes (10.2.2), OS X (10.6.7) and I'm trying to pull something off that I shouldn't get this much push-back for: I'm trying to update iOS 4.3.2 to 4.3.3. There is no jailbreak involved (I wish there were :o), I haven't just installed 50 new apps, run out of memory or anything else crazy. I just got this thing a few days ago. It was an exchange for another one that had the screen tinting issue. The error message that...
I've just searched for what I thought was a common-enough issue to find an answer to, but it looks like I need to make a post about it here, so as to get across what exactly the situation and status of what I'm trying to accomplish is. Most of the responses I found were from 2009, so I am hoping that the issue is resolved and I just don't know about it. At any rate, I just received an HD box from Time Warner cable and confirmed that the box works fine on my HDTV. What I...
<<...competitors will be chasing Apple for years...>> Chasing? Haha...Apple will not be chased. It will methodically take over more and more of the PC, tablet, smartphone, wireless routers, battery chargers, etc., market at its own pace. Nothing more, nothing less. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.
Ohh, this is awesome. Now that HSPA+ is considered 4G, we could have an iPhone 4GS with minimal design changes. I love the iPhone 4 exactly the way it is. I think we can expect an HSPA+ chip with at least 14.4Mbps in June. In fact, anything less than that would seriously disappoint me, as AT&T has been building out my whole area with HSPA+. Ideally, I'd like Apple to go for HSPA+ 21Mbps to allow AT&T additional room to add backhaul and have the next iPhone become faster...
I'm sure it's just a typo but it would actually double, not quadruple the screen resolution. 260dpi, to be exact. That'll work for me.