or Connect

Posts by Crunch

Ok, I'm not really asking as to how her approach should be or what writing style to use. I'm sorry if I haven't made that clear. I'll do it for her anyway, so all I really need is the right email address (a "higher-up" person) or the right phone number. @nvidia2008: Ok, great. Thank you. That sounds good. So is phone support what most people do to get started (or maybe even get a resolution although I doubt that, given her circumstances)? For example, with AT&T, I...
@Rokcet: Thanks for the info. I don't know if she ought to have a threatening, standoff-ish attitude right from the start but maybe you're right. I have had no problems with Apple myself save for the few times that I've had to return my own iMac. @Doorman: Your quoted article is old and outdated and does not apply here. Jealousy will get you nowhere, son.
Hi everyone. A friend of mine asked me to try to find out the most appropriate place where she should write to in order to inform Apple about having a hard time with one of its retail stores and one of its products. More specifically, she continues to receive iMac after iMac that is having screen issues. There was a second problem with one of them that I don't recall at the moment. I must say that while I am in love with my own iMac, it also took me four attempts(!) to...
Oh please...As much as I find Ballmer painful to look at and to listen to, Apple would have had the same success if Gates had stayed on as Microsoft's chief. Anyone remember the D5 "All-digital conference" in 1H 07 where Walt Mossberg interviewed both Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, which occurred shortly before the release of the initial iPhone? I wish they would do one now after Apple's onslaught of successes, which is, of course, ongoing, and for all we know, Apple's stock...
Every article sounds like AT&T will be doomed once it "loses" the iPhone. It will not lose it at all. it will just not be the only carrier to be allowed to sell it anymore. I, for one, am sticking with AT&T. For about two weeks, I've been getting double the downlink speeds in the middle of densely populated Los Angeles. My new average is between 4 and 6Mbps, when the old overage wasn't bad either. We should see even better speeds once there are fewer users with...
Hello everyone! Does anyone know of something like the iStat widget (temps, fan speeds etc.) but one that shows the CPU clock speed "live" (so to speak) and maybe what the cores are doing? Activity Monitor in OS X is pretty awesome and so is iStat Pro and its widgets but I can't seem to find something like a little utility program (or widget) that simply displays the sheer speed in MHz or GHz. I appreciate the help! A lot!
Some people will always try to bring a good thing down...It's an inherently human condition... ...but let's not kid ourselves either: Resistance is absolutely futile. I just hope Steve Jobs is in good health, so that he can truly enjoy his success.
I ain't losing my jailbreak over that.
Anything in particular you're not happy with Snow Leopard?
hi all. I really hope someone can help me with this. I gave my HDTV away to a friend in need so for now, I'd like to use my new iMac as a pseudo-TV. The mini DisplayPort on the 27 inchers allows for both audio and video to flow both IN and out of the iMac, so what do I need in order to get this working? What kind of software will I need to use? I'm connecting the cable box through its HDMI port and on the other end I have attached the (quite pricey) HDMI-to-miniDP...