or Connect

Posts by Crunch

I've been reading through some articles on hard drive performance and I have come across several interesting ones that claim that I should leave empty half of the hard drive (or partition?) that my OS resides on in order to maintain optimal performance and speed. One reason given is that it keeps data on the outer parts/layers of the hard drive, which are supposedly accessible much faster than the inner parts of the drive. As a hard drive fills up, data is written to...
Hey all, I'm used to be able to lock down all of my hard drives with Windows 7's BitLocker drive encryption system. I know that there is TrueCrypt as well, but I actually liked BitLocker better. What do you guys use for OS X? TrueCrypt also supports OS X, which is great, but I find the UI a bit disorganized. Is there anything else we can use for our Mac's to encrypt and password-protect our data, including everything from individual files to the entire hard...
...you mean like...work? My iMac is all about fun and games dude...
Liquid metal. They *own* the company and it is Apple who may license it out. Probably not, though. It is my opinion that they'll keep it all to themselves.
Imagination is a beautiful thing...I didn't think I could get along with any trackpad on the various ThinkPad laptops that I've owned over the past 11 years and I always used my beloved Trackpoint stick instead.Now, I have replaced my Magic Mouse, which I loved using, with a Trackpad for use with a Desktop! And I had to buy that Trackpad separately! ...(Apple's doing something right...)
I'm quoting myself here because my earlier post is misleading in the sense that you cannot upgrade the lower-end 27" model to a Core i7 at all. In fact, ALL configurations of the lower-end 27" model are DUAL-core ONLY, while ALL configurations of the higher-end 27" iteration are QUAD-core ONLY!I didn't realize that and reading through a few other posts on other blogs and forums, I see that this oversight is made more often than one might think.The upgrade from the...
It's down to the AKG 701, Sennheiser IE 8 and the B&W P55's, the latter of which I cannot seem to find on Apple's online store but they do have them in my local Apple store and a friend of mine swears by them. That said, music fans probably all "swear by" their brand and I'm sure the above are all great headphones. Out of these three, however, which one do I get? The AKG 701's is the only one to get five out of five from every single reviewer, which is rare! A friend of...
If you had to choose upgrading the CPU -OR- the GPU on the lower-end 27" model, would you choose the ATI Radeon HD 5750 w/ 1GB GDDR5 VRAM over the ATI Radeon HD 5670 w/ 512MB GDDR3 VRAM -OR- Quad Core i7 2.93GHz (turbo up to 3.6GHz) over the Quad Core i5 2.8GHz (turbo up to 3.33GHz)??? Both upgrades are $200 each.
Hi all, So I'm in the market for one of the headphones that Apple sells in its stores. I looked at several today, including the new "Beats by Dr. Dre" (the black ones), "Bowers & Wilkins P5", "V-MODA Crossfade", "Bose QuietComfort 15", and "Beats by Dr. Dre HD" (the new red ones that recently came out). I couldn't really make up my mind so I haven't bought anything yet. I did some research and read reviews, but I would really love to hear from some of you who...
Is the Magic Trackpad's software/drivers/whatever available on Mac OS X Server 10.6.4? Is there, for that matter, such a thing as Mac OS X Server 10.6.4? In fact, whenever there is an update for OS X 10.6.x, or even 10.x.x, the client version, does that mean that OS X Server 10.6.x and/or OS X Server 10.x.x is also available? I thank you for your knowledge.