or Connect

Posts by Crunch

...pssst! It's almost time...The future is inevitable and the future is now. It'll be that much easier if you just let go...this has been 26 years in the making...
Hmm...I have mainly used 1.8" SSD's. They're super duper tiny and almost fit into the DVD slot. I wonder if there is a way to maybe get those to work more easily than 2.5" drives...? \
Quick correction to one of the specs in the article: As far as the 21.5" models go, there is no Core i3 with 3.6GHz. That's in fact a dual-core i5 running at 3.6GHz, which also has 4MB of L3 cache, but features Intel's Turbo Boost technology, which the Core i3's do not. The Core i3-550 running at 3.2GHz is the fastest Core i3 available.
Hi everyone! My Linksys WRT610N with the latest firmware worked fantastically on multiple Windows 7-based ThinkPad. However, three (3) different iMac's have had the very same problem of dropping the connection and of my having to powercycle both my cable modem and the W610 router for it to work again at all! Once it drops the active connection, that's it. I have tried a few different settings and nothing has made a difference. Can you maybe help point me in the...
Wow, very interesting indeed! Can anyone confirm this? If you switch between computers like I have been, DDR3-1066 is compatible with almost everything manufactured in the past several years, whereas DDR3-1333 is fairly new. It is certainly brand new to the Mac! I only have DDR3-1066 SODIMM's, but plenty of 'em.
Really?...I would have guessed otherwise. That will come in very handy for me. That said, are you absolutely sure that there is no downside whatsoever to mixing DDR3-1066MHz with DDR3-1333MHz RAM modules, to use the new iMac's as an example, as long as it is the correct kind of course?
Congrats on your new iMac...twice over! Well, I don't think it depends on OS X as to whether or not the different type of RAM will work. I think it depends solely on the CPU. Please, anyone, correct me if I'm wrong. (@dfiler: You seem very knowledgable about this. Thanks for the advice!)At any rate, I'm in the same boat as you. I took out the 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1333 chips, and replaced them with, gasp, 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1066 modules. Before I swapped the memory out, I...
Thanks, dfiler! So I won't then! I'll have to rip out the 2x2GB DDR3-1333 RAM chips and put my 4x4GB DDR-1066. I hope it really IS compatible lol...Just called my Apple store and they have the 27" in stock and are willing to swap it out (+$200 of course). Do I want the Core i5 for an extra $180? (educational discount)? It says on Apple's website that the Core i3 that's in the lower-end 27" model does support Turbo Boost, but according to Intel's website, that's not the...
I've had my 21.5" for 2 1/2 weeks and now I want to upgrade. It's the higher-end one with the ATI 4650 HD card and the 1TB drive. Do I have a shot? I just passed the 14-day return window. I definitely want to upgrade to either the new 21.5" higher-end one or, for an extra $200, go with the lower-end 27"... By the way, FYI, I have 16GB of DDR3-1066 RAM. Some of you may have added RAM as well so I checked that out as well: ALL four models with ALL of its base and...
Apple says on its website that the base model 27" Core i3 supposedly comes with both Hyperthreading and Turbo Boost @ 3.2GHz. The same CPU and the same (erroneous) claim is in the higher-end model of the 21.5" model. There is no i3 that supports TB. I just looked it up to make sure. I have 16GB of DDR3-1066 RAM. Some of you may have added RAM as well so I checked that out as well: ALL four models with ALL of its upgradable processors support BOTH 1066MHz and 1333MHz DDR3...