or Connect

Posts by Crunch

Office on the iPad!!! Are you serious???? This is like the most.........inconsequential, boring non-"news" that I could care less about. And in November, huh? Well, that's Microsoft time, not anything like Eastern or Pacific, right? So we should see this in March of 2013 then. At the earliest. Well, great then...
The 17" was attractive to me because of the ExpressCard slot, but thanks to Thunderbolt, that is now a moot point.   The biggest deal to me, however, is still the resolution, i.e. what you can fit on the desktop. I wouldn't mind a 15" WUXGA (1920x1200) MacBook Pro, but unfortunately, Apple not only makes it super inconvenient and expensive to get the native resolution of what the 13" MacBook Air's resolution, i.e. 1400x900, which is a joke, but the highest you can...
    A flagrantly ignorant poster (Ody boy) need not be encouraged to waste more bandwidth. ;) I'd rather stand in a corner facing the wall than trying to convince someone like that of anything. Pretty soon, he'll argue things like "The sky is blue." 
I want Apple to make a Retina projector. I'm getting tired of my 100" screen generated by my 1080p projector. :D
Makes perfect sense. Mountain Lion 10.8 will likely be pre-installed and there hasn't been a WWDC that included Macs since 2009. So, WWDC 2012: Two new OS's, 10.8 and iOS6, the introduction of plenty of hardware goodness, and not to mention Retina displays on at least some of the Macs, which I'd stand in line for. :D Let's hope they're going to be IPS panels, too! Great stuff!   EDIT: Another rumor suggests that USB 3.0 will be adopted by Apple across the board. It...
      The 17" will not make it into existence until later this year, if at all. Tons of rumors are out there saying that the 17" will be discontinued due to poor sales. :(    I love my 17" MBP, but if a "Retina" 15" MacBook Pro or Air or Hybrid or whatever will come out, I am selling my 17" to get that! :D   P.S.: Apple, don't forget to make the new displays IPS-based! :)
Mmmmhhh..........Anticipation is great fun. Can we have a Retina 27" iMac and/or Cinema Display please? [/END Salivate]
I've been using 16GB of RAM in my late-2011 MBP and after a few days without rebooting, eventually OS X Lion likes to cache quite a bit of it. Nice to see it gets used I guess. lol   BTW: If you're using Safari 5.2 on Lion, do an un-install of 5.2 using the uninstaller that you hopefully downloaded before upgrading to 10.7.4. This will make for a smooth transition from Safari 5.1.5 to 5.1.6, the latter of which is automatically installed, because it is part of...
The 17" is the ONLY MBP with enough resolution - never mind pixel density (Retina). WSXGA+ (1680x1050) is the highest you can get on the 15", but it necessitates that you buy the most expensive 15" and then upgrade to the high resolution display. In other words, you might as well get a 17" UXGA (1920x1200) for LESS than the SXGA+ because all 17" models come with the high resolution display out of the box and the weight difference is only 1lb.   Apple has always been...