or Connect

Posts by Crunch

Microsoft ought to follow RIM's lead and focus on the enterprise. Apple is weaker there, so it's safe. haha....Although the iPad is penetrating some enterprise scenarios as well.   Resistance is futile. Microsoft's going down and that downward spiral would accelerate if Apple ever were to license OS X to non-Apple manufacturers.
@JoshA: Unfortunately, some people have no choice, because their company uses Outlook and they get suckered into the cloud-based Office suite. I have never liked Outlook, including when I was still a die-hard IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad fan pre-2010. :D   As for Microsoft's plentiful troubles with its 2nd major attempt at making Windows Phone's mobile OS anything closely resembling success, I think we can argue that it looks like a major FAIL for both MS and Nokia....
Good idea for AT&T to at least get some good PR out of having to unlock all of their iPhones.
If Apple can innovate in the area of alternative energy, today's iOS-based revenues will pale in comparison, as we find ourselves past peak oil and near depletion. Hey, they already have a great company name. Apple. It's good for you, it's biodegradable and it grows on trees. The product that is. And the customer base is 7 billion people. Talk about a growing economy.
I love how this is implemented and use it all the time. Just like when you take pictures and wait for a moment to see them appear on the iPad's Photos app (see also iCloud commercial), this works the same way. You type the note on the iPhone, it appears on the Mac and vice versa, including status like when one item is considered "Completed" by the user, a few seconds later, iCloud has already synced it. The same is true for the Notes app in OS X 10.8, which is its own...
I'm jealous.
It's so funny that nobody talks about SATA III, which, in my opinion, is one of the biggest deals of Sandy Bridge. I did see one person mention it here I think but the difference is HUGE and not even Apple has mentioned it for their own reasons, of course. Anyway, SSD's are crazy fast compared to the fastest 10,000RPM hard drives. Well, with SATA III running at 6Gbps, instead of SATA II 3Gbps, the speed literally DOUBLES! You need to buy an SSD that is SATA III compliant,...
Man, I am so happy that I don't measure the degree of my happiness by how much a data plan costs. I'm actually pretty familiar how the EU system works as far as billing minutes and data is concerned and I could never get away with only having a cellphone (and no landline) outside of the U.S., considering how many minutes and how much data I use each month. Unless you have family in Euroland, most Americans have no reason to study the difference, but I can tell you that we...
Microsoft's war with Apple ? LOL...That's been over with and for those who didn't know, I just google'd the winner (nope, didn't use Bing...haha)...Well, when Apple's market cap hurdled past Microsoft at warp speed, I wonder if MS ever asked itself as to why it was always so incredibly unpopular. They are hated now and always have been and now that Apple is the biggest company around, it remains loved and idolized by almost its entire customer base and copied by the entire...
I've never understood why anyone would buy a 3G or 4G iPad and be restricted to the same usage limits that a smartphone goes through in any given time period. If you're on the Internet so much that WiFi and tethering to your smartphone isn't enough, isn't it highly likely that you will blast through a few GB in just a few days, perhaps even hours? I know that tethering my laptop to my iPhone can quickly generate 500MB to 1GB in just ONE session. Never mind streaming a...