or Connect

Posts by eightzero

At this stage, one of the big unknowns is the band attach mechanism. I think this is the first picture I've seen of the band part not inserted into the Watch case. I would believe Apple could have put some pairing mechanism in the bands to make them proprietary; but I think it unlikely. It remains to be seen how much Apple will tolerate third party bands. I'm told attendees at the Spring Forward event were not able to toy or inspect that mechanism.   The idea of DRM-like...
"Yes, I agree. It is clear that Apple Pay stickers will be a complete failure like everything else Apple has done recently." -Ben Frost Just getting a jump on it.
Agree, and this is appropriate. I would vote for not naming the whole building for Steve, but there's perhaps a stronger message in naming that auditorium specifically for him. I still love replaying Steve's public appearance with products, particularly the one with the first demo of Macintosh. Steve was many tings, but no one can say he wasn't a performer.
You're right, and I strongly suspect Tim Cook knows this based on his comments about watching TV being like going back in time. These "channels" are archaic and actually serve no current purpose other than the source of the content. A "CNN" channel only makes sense when you already know that is a news channel. But who cares if your favorite drama is on ABC, NBC, or whatever? For years content like this is searchable on iTunes. That's what people want, and they will...
Deposit required.
Just saw a headline that the NFL is dropping its blackout rules. I'm guessing this makes a live stream of NFL games to AppleTV much more likely.
I'm looking forward to reading the book. There is no doubt that Jobs was a complicated individual.    I really didn't think Isaacsson's book was all that uncomplimentary. I found a comment recently that a colleague said that Steve was "never an asshole." Well, that term sure has a lot of subjectivity. IIRC, Steve never put plates on his car and parked across multiple parking spots, including handicapped sport long before he was disabled. I can see someone thinking such...
When I see stories like this, the first thing that occurs to me is that there *has* to be at least one Apple employee who's sole job is to read and analyze all the "rumor" sites, news articles, blogs and social media. I'd guess there is a pretty robust process for gathering such intelligence, but someone has to decide what it all means. Apple is rumored to use the "Canary Trap" technique for discovering sources of leaks, but I'd guess they also have a process to release...
Some of the details rather escape me, but what I do see is a line of options, configurations, technologies for a wide range of customers. I really like my 13" MBA but fairly I'm not in need of huge processing power of even battery life. I use late 2009 iMacs at home, and really like them. When the time comes, I will likely look at a thunderbolt display and a mac mini. Options to connect, devices to solve issues with workflow - there are many, many choices. And all of the...