or Connect

Posts by eightzero

I actually am surprised when I see people on airliners that aren't wearing noise cancelling headphones.
The airlines' sole interest in this is making people pay for it. Want to use your cell in flight? That's in rows 1-10 only and there's a fee to sit there.   The airlines are going to insist this is their decision because of the Airline Deregulation Act. "Rates, Routes, and Services." The FAA will insist it is a safety issue. Wait until a fight breaks out over someone bitching about "can you hear me now?"
It seems these kinds of additions are popping up because they are inexpensive and easy for apple to do. It really can't take more than a few minutes of coding, and the content deal is essentially what the provider would offer a cable company. The interface needs work, and there still is little to offer a cable cutter. Meaning...no real revenue model.
Hum. Seems like a job for iTime/iWatch.   Show me this will not coast me extra per transaction. I see plenty of merchants, notably gas stations, resorting to the old trick of quoting a credit price that is higher than cash/debit.   I can actually see AAPL becoming a debit card/ financial services company. Good money in that. Skip offering credit; make it all ubitquitous debit payments. 
Interesting. Hope the devs and Smart People that are working on this for Apple can fix all the strange behavior in Apple Mail on Mavericks. I'll wait for the finished product like the good little consumer I am. But remember: "this fall" by definition means NLT 12/21/14; about 5 months from now.
Curious if prior purchased content can be converted to "family share" or if it is prospective only. Most likely the latter.
I distinctly remember trying to mirror from my MBA to the AppleTV to watch an iTunes Extra clip. I bought a movie with "extras" and it just wouldn't mirror or play on the AppleTV no matter what I did (short of plugging in with a HDMI adaptor and cord into the TV.) I think this was fixed within the last few days. Haven't tried it.   $200 is a bit steep. But, I might buy it just to support this kind of thing. The Holy Grail of content is the ala carte options. I want to...
I was shocked when I saw a desktop operating system for a touchscreen. All I can ever think of is Steve-O's comments about touch surfaces wanting to be flat. (IIRC, it was in the original iPad announcement, but I might be mistaken.) Boy was he right! I recently bought a little BT keyboard cover for my iPad mini (way cheep like <$20) and it is almost wholly useless. It's the worst of both worlds. If you need a laptop, get a laptop (love my MBA); if you want a desktop, get a...
Sweet mother of god. Never thought I'd live to see the day. Yes, airplay most important; and/or a AppleTV app. The list of supported devices link isn't accessible. I wonder if AppleTV is behind there? The local blackout is a NFL rule, so that isn't going to change. When it is lifted for a sellout (or when the league feels it is appropriate), OTA broadcast would be available.
It was an easy choice for me to make 25 years ago. I jumped to Apple products, and they just work for me. I have never lost data to an Apple product. Yes, there's been some rough spots (cough newton cough clones cough) but I appreciate the "it just works" concept.   I can't say that about anything from MS. They have never made a single product that I like or would personally select to buy. I was rather forced to buy Office for my Mac; but now I have many better options,...