or Connect

Posts by eightzero

This is a great article. I confess I don't understand much of it. I do have a 2013 MBA that I think will fill the bill; and an iPhone 5s to handle the iOS chores. I have a grandfathered AT&T cell plan that has unlimited data usage, but predictably, they will not give me a "tether" option on that. I'm reluctant to drop it in favor of a plan that allows tethering. It really isn't a huge deal to me just yet. But...given that Yosemite is due out NLT 12/21/14 (="this fall") and...
Thanks. I don't get the Discovery Channel, so I don't see all those tech shows, I didn't get the reference. My wife runs a small business, and uses Square. Be nice to offer this too.
Well....ok. I guess I still don't understand, and have no idea what a windmill means. Ultimately money I receive has to go to a bank. Is there any technical reason a bank can't deploy an app to allow NFC payments to be received via iPhone/Apple Watch? Would some sort of terminal or dongle be needed? 
Not to me. I can't wait to get one. Actually, I know I'll buy 2 - one for me, one for my wife. It looks well thought out, and very useful.
Oh. Well... double dumbass on me.
I do so enjoy looking at peoples' mockups, renders and concepts. They require exactly no engineering. All they represent is jewelry.   But, I did call Tim coming out in long sleeves. After the first Apple Watch video, he rolled them up and showed off his on his wrist. Pretty cool. In hindsight, I did notice he was controlling his show/presentation with some sort of hand held clicker. Woulda been a nice touch (!) to transition to doing that from his Apple Watch in the...
Well..Apple might be able to do something about all the cars idling at red lights (or electric cars with people wasting time in them). I'm not sure there is a consumer device to be developed, but cities sure need a better way to coordinate traffic lights to maximize throughput. Apple might wish to look at fixing the Google Glass. It is about in the same spot as the "smartphone" was before iPhone came along. If you industry analysts out there that have actual...
Respectfully disagree. The basic capabilities will all be the same. 
This is all just my opinion based on these comments and articles about Apple and Apple Watch:   1. Apple is being very deliberate about making Apple Watch in many different configurations and price points. The entry level $349 price one will almost for sure do everything one costing at least $1000. So...you get to choose. This is no different that any other tech. How many times did the word "personal" come up in the keynote? I love my Macbook Air; I can't stand the...
Sure. But this isn't just a watch. There are lots of people that said the same thing about cell phones and iPhones. "I've got a phone at home. It even has an answering machine. I can't see myself wanting to talk to someone on a phone."