or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Well...they did remove the floppy disk drive, then the CD/DVD drive. There's a discussion about removing the headphone jack from the iPhone. Who know's what's next on the chopping block?
I am not a pro level photographer, so much of the feature discussion doesn't affect me. But like most folks, I have many snapshots that Apple recognizes I need to somehow manage. I like the idea of everything, everywhere. The easier, the better. I also agree Apple would be a bit foolish to make a system that doesn't allow for local storage. But I'm rather curious - when we upload a photo to iCloud, just what can Apple do with it? Guess I gotta read those ToS documents. And...
iWatch + Maps = ?
They need to invite Sir Jonny. You just haven't lived until you've had his homemade chili from a champhored edge, diamond cut aluminium spoon.
I don't use aperture, so I can't comment intelligently on that.   I do use iPhoto and have mixed feelings. I think I paid for it too. It isn't great, and is a huge memory hog, slow, and not particularly intuitive. If this means a better Yosemite app, well...OK. But i needs to be backwards compatible too. I have legacy machines (as do many people) and they shouldn't be abandoned.   What would truly suck would be a Yosemite app that has no option to function without...
I can't disagree that there are many devices out there that have potential. Lotta things to choose from, but other than the "gee that might be cool" factor, very little of it appears to me. I like my AppleTV, and it has features I use. But...my life doesn't revolve around a TV. I know there are people with lives like that, and maybe they are interested. Great, enjoy. The thing *someone* has to do is get content available for reasonable costs. This is not a Amazon v. Google...
OS10.10 will encourage peripheral makers to jump in. AAPL's strategy of life beyond the PC is going to bloom in some interesting ways. At WWDC, Craig mentioned being able to tell Siri "I'm going to bed now" and the house will be configured. A few microphones and speakers in the house, and you've got Tony Stark's Jarvis working for you. Could be useful. One thing I find curious is the focus on home video monitoring. It seems...not well thought out. I suppose some might...
Eww...
Eww...