or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Apple Watch isn't for swimmers. Wrong device for that.  But...maybe someone will make a little case for swimmers? Love to see the warranty limitations on *that* if a swimmer takes his/her $20k Edition for a dip.
Competition is always good. I'm not sure this actually is competition for the Apple Watch though. Seem to be targeted at completely different audiences. If it was about $50, maybe.    Takes guts to go up against AAPL with a hobbyist product. Pebbles' time (!) was a couple years ago. IIRC, it took them forever to deliver. Understandable from a small startup. Now that the Big Guns have showed up, it's time (!) to move on to something else.
Ah. *Thanks!* Within 2 weeks from *now* or within 2 weeks of the product ship/order/whatever date? I think you mean the former. Suspect it will be all Apple Watch, but who knows what else might be added. A BT4 enabled Airport for Apple Watch? AppleTV? That rMBA thingy? Apple Car (haha)?
I'm getting a little antsy about no rumors yet for the next Apple media event. Absolute latest the event will be is the end of April (assuming Tim's promise of shipment on Apple Watch in April is still true.) We should be hearing about the schedule soon; they will need a BIG event center. Those are a bit hard to schedule at the last minute.   Apple has some 'splainin' to do. Pricing speculation is getting a bit...terse. And the stock (at least today) is going...
Meh. No thanks.   But I do like FitBit's TV commercial spots. Flashy and memorable. Kind of inspirational too. Too bad they are for a meh product I won't be buying.
3. Another business that will pop up: an offer to gold plate or gold powder coat your $349 apple watch sport.
You know...maybe. And perhaps more likely on launch. But, in the long run, I really can't see Apple making a product you can't get directly from them...somehow. I can see early on that Apple Watch Edition will be a "prestige" item with limited availability in Apple Stores - perhaps requiring an appointment to access. Would people online order an edition for UPS delivery? Some might. But on launch day? Sure - I can see your point: Apple Watch Edition only in select...
Oh, it's so fugly, just like everything else in Paris. What does Paris know about fashion? Who pays any attention to what things look like in Paris? And oh battery life. Who will pay attention to anything made of gold that doesn't light up all the time and tell you your blood sugar? Or start your self driving electric car? And look at all the inaccuracies in the article, bad grammar, no citations to facts. Oh, these prices, Apple, isn't going to sell any of these, its a...
This thread is hilarious! I have to admit my first impression on the article was "Wow. That looks great. I *really* want one of those. And the Apple Watch looks great too."   There are *huge* amounts of psychology involved in this kind of marketing. If you think about it, this is actually quite new to Apple. Yes, Jony has had to design beautiful products for some time, but this is a whole new level. iPhone had to look good, but it was not jewelry per se. Apple Watch...
I like AI because I learn things from it. I like to read informed opinions by what appear to be Apple product users, shareholders, and savvy people. (And it doesn't hurt that I can sign up to post with an AI specific ID rather than some other system like facebook. Hate that stuff...)   But man is there a lot of vitriol here. In and of itself, I guess it would be understandable, but interestingly I see it a lot in the Apple Watch articles. Many people seem to keep...