or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Maybe some comments from the "reviewers?" Like does the new ATV allow connection to the "computer" library like the old version?
I'm not sure that's true. I'm rather hoping some of the "hands on" reports will clarify. I rather doubt it is gone, but you never know. Home share went away inexplicably with iOS8.4 - although it is supposed to be back in iOS9.
They are going to sell huge numbers of these for the holiday quarter. It was smart and clever to demo a multi player game too.  There was a casual mention of the NHL app being available in "2016." Hoping that's for the 2015-2016 season. I might buy that streaming package. Maybe HNIC will have an app ready too. I'm pretty sure the New ATV will still have AirPlay functions, so an iPad will get you safari on the big screen. Not sure why you'd want to, but that seems...
Video FormatsH.264 video up to 1080p, 60 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.2 or lowerH.264 Baseline Profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formatsMPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
Anyone else notice that the iPhone details were last on the program? I'm stoked for all of what was released today, and don't know why I'm not calling my broker now to buy more AAPL. They are going to make a killing with this stuff. The Wall Street Morons are f*ucking up in spades.   Only thing to complain about is the 2+ hour length. 
I'm blown away. Can't wait to get one of these. I'll really use it, and looking forward to seeing what the devs do with tvOS. And $149 is a bargain. But October? Yeesh. It's like AW all over again. Take my money, damn you!   Sog35 is right on all points. This is really a great product right now, and it is going to get better. They will sell a buttload of these for the holidays.   Slightly o/t: today's show was great; really dug all of it. But...2 hours? Wow. I was sort...
Can't wait to see everyone get up at 10:50 when their watches tell them to stand once an hour.
Begun, this blocking war, has.
Agree. Well said.  The key seems to be personal devices. As another commenter pointed out, enterprise may indeed be a different market. iPad was designed as a consumer product, but I can see Apple expanding its line.
I gave my opinion, and even specifically pointed out others may feel differently. How many millions of these kinds of enterprise users do you think Apple will sell this product to each year? 10 Million? 50 million? Please help me with my ignorance. I want to understand so I can comment intelligently.