or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Crikey. I'm going to go broke. Don't see a mac pro in here. Thought Tim promised us one (although maybe I remembering it slipped to 2013.)   The rumor about the nano going to a non-wristwatch size is troublesome. Seems like that would be a sign AAPL is abandoing that market to the other makers - Pebble etc. A full up, touchscreen watch size *iOS6 capable* nano would be a killer. Apps for that would go nuts. Don't see a use for a pocket sized one like the old mini.
I still think going the other way makes even more sense: make the iPod Nano a full-up iOS device. It will take some serious engineering, but these watch sized devices have untapped potential. Stuff in the new bluetooth, along with some GPS and rudimentary speaker/mic, and you've got a serious platform for development of all kinds of consumer applications. Sport watches and the ever popular dick tracy communicator to name a few. iCloud makes it so it can sync...turn this...
The sports content would seal the deal for me. I'd gladly pay reasonable costs for single games or events. Like $3 to watch Tour of Flanders this weekend off the NBC Sports feed. Oddly enough, there is an iPad App from last years Tour dr France that did this - but the airplay feature was jacked up.
I'm kind of sitting on the fence on the NHL Season Pass. Fortunately, I now get an HD CBC feed, so I get HNIC via my cable box. I rather like the CBC HNIC feed, as the announcers know the game, they have good interviews and after hours shows, as well as intermission shows that are good. I rather suspect this is not on the NHL Season pass feed? Any HNIC content via that?
You're correct in that the 30% cut is problematic. But here's the thing: an ePublisher that provides access to a eReader device they control (like the iPad/iBookstore, the nook or the Kindle) will need to demonstrate some sort of value added for that fee. AAPL was able to do this with the iPod and music easily, since there was no real competing hardward product. With eBooks, *anyone* can be a writer. The publishing business, as we know it, is going (or perhaps already has...
I decided I wanted to read "The Hunger Games." First place I went was the iBookstore. fast, easy, convenient. It is the eBook reader I use, and I like to click and be done. But lo and behold, I find it isn't available on iBookstore (although the trailers and music are all on iTunes). So, I obtained the ePUB from another source, drag and dropped it to iTunes, sync and done. Bit of a pain to do so, but works. The publishing world needs to get their act together. iTunes...
I can access NHL on Apple TV, but it requires a season pass from the league. At like $150, its a bit spendy, and...there is no preview period. I gotta plop down $150 before I see if it is really any good. Still, I would do this if I didn't have access to CBC HNIC via the cable provider at a elevated, but acceptable, price. I do like HNIC. Gotta say...if the AAPL dudes can make live sports PPV happen, they'll change the world. Here's to the crazy ones.
Bingo. I think this is the "I cracked it" idea Steve had. Steve was all about the best products with the best options for users; the antithesis of the cable companies. I have an HDTV on my wall that is seldom on. I simply refuse to pay the absurd rates for anything but basic HD. I wanted to add the NBC Universal content, as occasionally they have a few things I might put on. Comcast wanted like $50/mo to get access to that. I will not pay that price. But consider how live...
Listen carefully: Everything Harry Mudd says is a lie.
Excellent. AI sends out a news flash (!) on a new feature in an apple product. Super, inside scoop, guys! Meanwhile, the latest update from Apple broke my mac: http://9to5mac.com/2012/02/03/latest...-like-quicken/ But hey, likely there's a new iPad coming, iPhone 5, iTV, some pointless textbooks. Groovy.