or Connect

Posts by eightzero

Also concur. But it is possible that cracking the case triggers...something...that only an Apple authorized entity can reset.... Dunno. I think Apple could get creative about it. Theft prevention is a Big Deal(tm) to them, so I'm curious. The flip side is that Apple Watch doesn't contain the plethora of personal information that an iPhone does.  Intriguing and interesting. I've wondered if Apple might be thinking about a BTLE enabled airport to do this kind of thing.
Concur. But this is just the kind of thing Apple likes to take on. It is actually about the only "Internet of Things" idea that (to me) has any practicality. Apple might be able to make use of a unique identifier in Apple Watch (the serial number?) to simply report its pairing. Opt-in when your buy/register the device, allowing you to later report a theft or loss. Next time it pairs with an iPhone...tink.
I am kind of curious about this too. Apple Watch has wifi, so it can theoretically be contacted and found.  Back to the point of the article, one thing that will come in the few weeks after Apple ships will be reports of bad battery life...because people will be diddling with the things continuously. Once we get its functions sorted out, and decide how we are going to use them, suddenly battery life will improve...because we stopped fiddling with it continuously. Biggest...
Really hoping to see this kind of thing announced widely at the Clippers games.
Well...my MBA has a magsafe connector too. I think that is a similar connection. You might be right.
TechCrunch reports the time to fully charge Apple Watch is 2 hours. I find this a bit hard to believe, but they are citing some beta testers. Its a teeny battery. How can it take longer than the comparatively massive batteries in the iPhone and iPad? It is unlikely to be discussed much at the Monday event.
Yes, but many people, including me, have stopped listening to you.
Sounds reasonably accurate. I'm inclined to be guided by Jony's phrase that Apple Watch is a "compelling beginning."   WatchAware.com has an interesting piece about the sensors on the back not being a heart rate sensor.
Accessories, yes. But much more limited. Things like BT headphones or charger stands specifically for Apple Watch. I'm not sure we've seen the other end of Apple's charging cord. The nifty mag-safe type connector, yes, but I'm assuming the other end is USB. Meaning Apple Watch shows up in iTunes for configuration? It can't be that Apple Watch is solely configurable via iPhone - but we haven't actually been told how this will work.
Tim will come on stage wearing an Apple Watch. He will give an update on the retail stores, and probably right out of the box briefly explain the stores reconfiguration for Apple Watch sales. I think there is a good chance he will hand the stage over to Angie for that. It will be her first event appearance.   There may be a brief update on Apple Pay because it relates to the Watch.   The watch tech features will go next. What it will do, and some app demos. Jony will...