or Connect

Posts by eightzero

What will be very interesting to watch (!) is how soon third party bands, patents be damned, come available. And of course, how Apple responds. Then, when version 2 comes out next year, surely Apple will be "forced" to redsign the case slightly so you'll need new a new band.
Please...
What is this "movie theater" you speak of?
Here's the thing for me: For the first time ever, I'm thinking Jony f*cuked up. The whole Apple Watch story has been about how meticulous they've been. All the metallurgy videos, because...well...metal. I even dug the videos showing the Mac Pro assembly last year. Very cool. But...Jony could have at least given a nod to the idea of standardizing parts. There is *no reason* why the 42mm version has to have the same back/sensor/charging array as the 38mm version. It even...
Yes, really. $10 is important to me.
The level of incivility in this thread is...disappointing.
What is premium about needing a bigger charger plug?
Well...it's a Big Deal(tm) to me. And I will assume you mean $10 isn't a Big Deal(tm) to you. It is A Big Deal(tm) to me because it feels like Apple is charging(!) $10 because they can, not because of value or cost. Oh, I suppose maybe the mechanisms are different, but Jony was so big about the meticulousness of the product, they missed having a standardized size for the charger plug (that is, admittedly, a really nice design and feature)? I am reasonably sure it is...
A $10 upcharge for the larger charger is disappointing.   I'm curious if the strap changeout mechanism has a patent, and thus prohibits 3rd party watch bands. Betcha there is. Someone care to give a spin through the USPTO to confirm?
Yeesh...a $10 upcharge on the larger charger too. That's disappointing. Perhaps the biggest disappointment in a day full of let downs for me. Not one word on how long it takes to charge. But hey...video of terraced batteries in a MBA. Cool. But not interesting to me right now. Funny...I was watch Kevin Lynch's demo, and realized that just about everything he was showing me...could be done without an Apple Watch on the iPhone 6. Yes, some doodles, yes, some taptic...